Active Topics

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
If only they will listen and add what consumers really wanted into their device then they wouldn't fail like now. Look at Apple, they did their research and trails for better result...
I gotta disagree here. Apple has never, ever listened to what their customers "really" wanted. There have been massive protests for a two button mouse, for a tower Mac (something less expensive than the utterly ridiculous Mac Pro), for better or more flexible hardware in general (going back years). The Apple Remote Control has a grand total of 6 buttons on it (used to be just 5), what consumer would have ever asked for that?

No, Steve Jobs has put the focus for Apple onto a relatively small stable of devices designed in a very particular manner. The iPhone is popular not because it is the epitome of what every customer wants; unlike other devices that try to satisfy as many expectations of as many consumers as possible, the iPhone instead tries to be the perfect extension of the Apple philosophy into the world of the cellphone. As with many other Apple products, it succeeds not by doing more things, but by doing a few things very well.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Microsoft: Good boy Nokia Good boy..Roll over.. Sit Nokia Sit...Good boy.
Nokia: Woof Woof Wooof....
Apple: *Crunch Crunch* pop corn please...
Google Android: Lol A man and his dog trying to rule the world.. *Idiots*

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-02-14 at 02:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pxa270 View Post
The impression that I get from various threads here and elsewhere is that at the moment MeeGo is still nowhere near ready
Well, the original Harmattan device was supposed to be launched a few months ago and apparently was cancelled because the hardware wasn't up to scratch.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Then you've chosen to overlook my point.
Interesting. Apparently you know better than I what I choose and what I do not choose.

What is your point? Try to state your point in a few clear sentences if you are able to. Thank you.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
Interesting. Apparently you know better than I what I choose and what I do not choose.

What is your point? Try to state your point in a few clear sentences if you are able to. Thank you.
Wow.

Where did you get that!?

How about this. You're 100% right about everything. Always.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
MeeGo- The last hope:
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/02/int...ctured-at-mwc/

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Originally Posted by deyons View Post
ZUNE-Fail, WMA-Fail, Backing HD DVD-Fail, Mobile 6.5-Fail, Windows Tablets-Fail, BOB-Fail, Windows ME-Fail, UMPC's-Fail, Kin-Fail, Passing on YouTube-Fail
Zune is absolutely not a fail. The fact that you think it is calls into question any assertion about Microsoft you could make.

Zune marketplace has actually recently been gaining considerably on iTunes and will only increase in the future.

WIndows Mobile 6.5 isn't the best thing Microsoft has produced, but it certainly didn't fail by any stretch.

The rest... meh.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wow.

Where did you get that!?

How about this. You're 100% right about everything. Always.
Thanks, I knew that before.

Now do you have a point or not? Seems like "or not" to me.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Nokia should never have dumped Maemo, they should have kept up development and in fact pushed it into much higher heights. And they did this for what? Meego..... oh dear something never happened or even got off the ground and they already have Maemo even if half baked is still a hell of a lot further than the dream of Meego.

Me thinks Nokia need to go see the quack lol.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
Thanks, I knew that before.

Now do you have a point or not? Seems like "or not" to me.
Cool it cBeam cos if you think your gonna get a straight answer out of gerby ... ha ha good luck lol.

Tags
bada rox, meego rip