Active Topics

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
When you attack a bunch of people by name in this situation, I think it's slightly worse than merely trolling.

I liked it and wanted to see more, but that's just me. I also wanted to see GIFs...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The fandom is downright laughable. Talk about reality distortion fields... this one almost beats the Apple fanboys.
Umm... By your standards, do you consider the size of WP userbase/ecosystem to be in line with the amount of money MS has been pouring in mobile business during the years? Maybe the distortion field extends farther than you think.

The Following User Says Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Umm... By your standards, do you consider the size of WP userbase/ecosystem to be in line with the amount of money MS has been pouring in mobile business during the years? Maybe the distortion field extends farther than you think.
Which is precisley why this merger is going to mean something.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
We need a way to make them fire all the crazy people ****ing things up and hire back the people that once helped Nokia make hardware you can depend on with software that surpasses your expectations, all with a price you can afford.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Which is precisley why this merger is going to mean something.
Yea..the end of Nokia.

Why do you think HTC got out when they did?!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I wish there was more discussion about the topic here. But I guess the moral is, no there's nothing we can really do.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
We need a way to make them fire all the crazy people ****ing things up and hire back the people that once helped Nokia make hardware you can depend on with software that surpasses your expectations, all with a price you can afford.
The hardware is not the problem in Nokia and if i was ELOP i will be asking questions like...who made the decision to fold up Maemo for Meego and then not back up the team involved with Meego when Maemo should have been taken a lot lot further instead of being ditched.

Nokia have shot themselves and that for me is terrible management strategy so someone has to hold the blame for the mess they are in now.

I think the following weeks will be very interesting indeed as i for one would go in there shotgun loaded and get this act back together, you may even find Maemo will be rejuvinated so lets see what unfolds.

I am an optimist but hell i would love ELOP'S job !!!.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Well, that was the final insult for me folks.
I am not ashamed to go iPhone 4, which has been given to me for virtually nothing anyway.
Highly dissapointed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkwolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Carefull with that "shotgun loaded" rhetoric. Here in the US that kind of talk might get you a spot on the evening news.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Well, that was the final insult for me folks.
I am not ashamed to go iPhone 4, which has been given to me for virtually nothing anyway.
Highly dissapointed.
I'm no fan of the Apple ecosystem but at least you're pragmatic enough not to stick with Maemo/MeeGo out of stubbornness like many people would when they buy into a brand.

You DO need to work on your signature now, though. (re: "Proud Nokia N900 owner") heheh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, me ego, megone, naysaying, quit whining