Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
This was what happened to the netbooks. Asus EEE was runing Linux at the start after just a halfyear or soo Linux dist was dropped and Microsoft shitty OS was back on all notebooks.
Mostly because ASUS was wholly incompetent in setting up the distro (how do you ship something with an OS that didn't have drivers for the integrated wifi) and Microsoft cut the price to ensure Linux got pushed out.

But in the end, not everyone wants to be beholden to the Microsoft Monopoly.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Also I dont think Intel will care that much if Meego gets abandoned.
Ok, then it's probably just an accident, that the first thing the mention in in their MWC website is MeeGo.

http://www.intelatmwc2011.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by droll View Post
MeeGo doesn't have an eco-system like Android, iOS or even WP7. i'm guessing that's why he's abandoning it. WP7 makes sense since both are now underdogs. Nokia can focus on making great hardware like they have always (HTC sucks in this area btw!! :P).
Dont agree, QT SDK is great framework and prefered over Android SDK/NDK by many developers. And more developers will come as soon as nokia get more marketing. IF they want to...

I am not sure ELop nows how important this is so people maybe is right WP7 comes to Nokia but that is a strategy BIG mistake imho.

Best solution is to make QT work officially on Android/WP7/WebOS too instead of vise/versa.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Dont agree, QT SDK is great framework and prefered over Android SDK/NDK by many developers. And more developers will come as soon as nokia get more marketing. IF they want to...

I am not sure ELop nows how important this is so people maybe is right WP7 comes to Nokia but that is a strategy BIG mistake imho.

Best solution is to make QT work officially on Android/WP7/WebOS too instead of vise/versa.
why would you want QT= Apple QuickTime on your device or is it you really mean Qt= Cute?

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
looks like nokia are abandoning meego just like they did maemo. Im confused what phone i should get next! Wont be nokia as there wont be no meego!

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
An alternative could be an aliance of OSs to better compete against Android and IOS WP7, WebOS, BlackBerry.

Keep the future in your hands, Own the Service structure, and give the ecosystem to the world

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Originally Posted by qole View Post
"Fake Stephen Elop" tweeted that "This pic will be our logo after the #elopocalypse"
So no one told Nokia but their step 5 of 5 is actually going to be a large leap huh?

I wonder if Nokia is going to take the Palm strategy from 2006 where Palm started selling Treo's with Windows Mobile since they knew PalmOS was not going to survive the competition. This bought them the time to develop webOS and then ultimately dump Windows Mobile when they felt they had enough legs to stand on again.

Nokia could possibly be looking at an ecosystem to tide them over while they let MeeGo cook enough to be mass marketable.

The Following User Says Thank You to phi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by __-_-_-__ View Post

This can't get enough love.

__-_-_-__ you have won the internet. Pick up your prize (WP7 phone) from Keilaniemi, Espoo, Nokia HQ. Ask for Stephen at the gate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Let’s just wait until tomorrow…. nobody knows for sure what’s going to happen

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
No meego No Nokia No loyalty No more .

Is anyone here ready to jump the WebOS2.0 ship if the rumour about Nokia turns ot to be true? I know I am, WebOS is the closest one to MeeGo. So I think I can live with that.
Yes I will problem its not sold in my country (sweden)

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org