Active Topics

Poll: After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?
Poll Options
After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?

Originally Posted by Maruzko View Post
Whats the battery life like ?
I just ordered from ebay yesterday so haven't actually got my hands on it yet, from what I hear, battery life is terrible until you get the motorola UI off the phone. Then it lasts 1-1.5 days. I'll report back when I know for sure!

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Im currently using the Galaxy S love it! my two week old n900 is still in the box, well thats my 2nd n900 been using it for ages. Just love andriod though. And the Galaxy S is super lightweight
Glad to hear you're liking android coming from maemo... hopefully I will have a similar experience. After playing with my bros G2 for a few hours I feel android is more polished in general (obviously) but feel somewhat unfulfilled for some reason... I'm sure it will grow on me.

Also I dont know why, but android just doesn't have the 'extras' in the hardward department that I like... All about screens, processors etc which is great and all, but very few good cameras (xenon flash), lots lack front facing cameras, no fm transmitters, very few have TV out, IrDa ports, or large internal storage. I also think they need to borrow n900's multitasking which is way more efficient imho and the ability to actually close applications would be nice too! In summary I guess they really are more like actual phones than my n900 swiss army tablet

i don't know what to get after the n900. anything not a n900 is just a phone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I rarely use my N900 at coffee shops, etc. I mostly use it at home where my pocket size is not relevant. So I'm starting to consider the 10 inch tablet more. I carried a 10 non pocketable spiral notebook all through high school and college so I obviously didn't mind carrying something much.

A cheap primitive phone for traveling light.

A tablet for real work.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Trying to convince my boss to buy me an iPhone 4. If he does I'm gonna drop kick this bad boy over a fence!
Bloody n900, does nothing but piss me off now!
what pisses you off about it?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Maybe you folks need to slow down on the Dev stuffs. I'm still having fun with my N900 with new applications like Instinctive, Tunewiki and now Cute tube. I also installed the LiveCast (but still don't know how to use it yet), but I'm pretty sure, it's going to be more fun for the N900.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Maybe you can consider this phone...

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...4&sec=business

A smart phone with dual touch screen for US$199

The phone, called the Echo, is made by Japanese manufacturer Kyocera Corp. and has screens that are each the size of an iPhone's display. Put together, they create a larger space for typing e-mails, playing games and watching videos. The resulting display is still about half the size of an iPad's. But it's still a larger surface area than those found on most phones.

Nokia should have done this for the N900...

Perhaps to preempt any complaints about its endurance, Sprint will include a spare battery in the box, along with a device that can recharge both the phone and the second battery at the same time.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
This poll needs to be refreshed after MWC 2011 next week! Hoping for a new N9 with a release date sooner rather than later!

(Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

The Following User Says Thank You to chargen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
After having experienced the Nokia N900, which phone would you get next (replacement phone)?
Think I may have just found my next phone.
Android 2.3, qwerty, snapdragon 1Ghz and front facing camera.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pro
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_pro-3779.php

Wont be out till 2011Q2.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by chargen View Post
This poll needs to be refreshed after MWC 2011 next week! Hoping for a new N9 with a release date sooner rather than later!

(Hey, I can dream, can't I?)
Nope. Not any more