Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Didn't say you did. It is the corporate, mass-market perspective however.
Ah yes, that was my first thought when i saw you quote me and made the remark..... But I just thought it was too obvious.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Let's be realistic. If Nokia is to use MeeGo for top of the line smartphones (not just tablets), they will need some kind of MS Office in there. The whole MS-Nokia thing is "just" Office on MeeGo/Qt

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
i hope 11th of feb. will arrive soon, to proof all these idiotish roumors that nokia wont switch to any other os. Why should they? they have 2 great os for mobile phones (the new symbian and the upcoming meego), so why should they use wp7? main problem with wp7 is that you cant do anything to seperate your device from the devices of your competitors. ms is making the rules. nokia couldnt make a phone with an sd card slot, or with the resolution they want, because ms dont want this. nokia couldnt do their own ui because ms dont want that. did anyone ever installed about 50-100 apps and then has tried to start the last app on the list? wp7 has (IMO) the worst ui of all mobile os.

people who says that nokia can only rescue themselfes if the adopt another os doenst think much... in the last quarter 2010 nokia sold more symbian devices (lets say just n8) then ms did it with their partners (alltogether). same with win mobile 6, more phones with wm6 has been sold then with wp7. so why should nokia do this?

to all the people out there, PLEASE stop rumoring about what nokia should do or not, just to let people know that nokia is doing everything wrong.
i hate it to see that all the "big" (american) mobile sites (gizmodo, engadget aso) in the internet never say something good about nokia, but if google or apple do something small, they say: thats a big thing. if nokia makes the world go round, they say that the world isnt round...

i am sure that all of you heard about the latest "news" that meego is "the biggest joke"... this analyst is a joke, he has no reputation or anything. but as soon as someone (who is calling himself an analyst) says something bad about nokia, all other sites are showing exact the same article, and with (nearly) the same text (thx to copy&paste). if you dont believe me, then take a look at the analysts ratings at yahoo finance. this guy has no ranking... absolut unknown person, no reputation, nothing. seems like this is his first analysis. LOL
(http://biz.yahoo.com/a/1/104503.html)

do you remember the news that in the last quarter more android phones has been sold then phones with symbian? i dont believe that. and other analysts like gartner or IDC dont believe this too. canalys has made some tricks to get android to the first place (e.g. including the android devices from OMS- und Tapas-Smartphones in china, but even google doesnt include these devices in their papers)
(http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...-will-be-.html)

So please stop this rumors about nokia, it doenst help us. Just be patient and wait untill 11.2. and/or the mwc.

THX!

Last edited by Brock; 2011-02-04 at 21:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
All will be revealed on Feb 11th...and my betting is that it'll be all about MeeGo, not some idiot's idea of Windows on an N9 (knobhead)

Meanwhile, all I can think of is OH MY GOD! If Nokia and Microsoft do end up 'doing it', then I'm NEVER gonna get Ovi suite on my Mac!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
The whole MS-Nokia thing is "just" Office on MeeGo/Qt
If it is that I'll be... impressed, actually. Nokia would have managed to get Microsoft to port Office to Linux, something spoken of only in legend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If Feb 11th comes and goes without any clarification... then what?

This is Nokia we're talking about. If MS/Nokia hooks up, I feel like it will be nothing more than allowing proper access to MS Exchange, something that was not full-featured in Maemo 5.

MS + Nokia + online office editing, I can also see that too. But not the core OS components as people are suspecting. That's my take.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
who cares what Nokia does, unless you work there or own some stocks (in which case, you're screwed)
MeeGo will produce at least one good phone, I'll buy that. Nokia already did their best to turn their back on us, and the last two phones I owned of theirs have enough issues that I don't really have any loyalty to them either.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
i think it will be got these two in partnership! im happy nokia arent teamin up with crapple! that wud be **** then id have to ditch nokia for ever

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Nokia will not go with WP7.

The partnership with Microsoft would be only on Office integration.

However, it would be interesting to see they team up for some XBOX integration also. The future of making money on gaming seems more bright on mobile devices. Sony's amazingly hardware spec'ed NGP device (on Android platform) is already announced for this year end. And seeing that Microsoft couldn't even sell 2 million WP7 devices, it needs strong support from other handset manufacturers in this area now else it could be too late for them to compete in this handset-gaming-war. And as Nokia doesn't have a gaming platform of their own, this could be a win-win for both these companies.

Also, recently the unlimited Ovi Music service was stopped by Nokia. Who knows, there could be some collaboration between these 2 companies on their respective music services (Zune & Ovi Music).

Again, there is also a possibility that Bing can be the default search engine for Nokia phones!!

Feb 11th would clearly give directions on MeeGo. But personally I am just curious to know if they would choose Intel-Medfield or ARM-Cortex9 for the first MeeGo device.

So, to sum it up, Nokia will not leave Symbian & MeeGo. The partnership with Microsoft would be on some of their crucial services (office, gaming, music).

Feb 11th can't come any sooner!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Merde!

I told you so

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=38

Tags
borrrrrrrrrring, just shoot me, kill me now!, nokia haters, popcorn time, pure fud