Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Canada
+1 for nicolai and his super widgets

Thank you all developers, really.

I guess we are not seen all yet, and with the ssu from community a new world could be open.

Grettings.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
i would also like to say thanks to the dev's especially
maego it self cause it lets me change my mac address to an iPhones so i can use clear hotspots for $25 a month unlimited data and skype calling =) ,
presence vnc,
n900FTP,
Networktools,
Filebox,
and almost everything under networking and utl.

Agreed. A big thanks to all the developers. And a special thanks to Qole, whose easy debian opens up an "app market" (translation for the grown ups: Debian package repositories) second to none.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My only fear is that the developers will at some point leave us stranded on the beach, as some of my favorites have already. Like when Meego devices actually come out. I hope not.
770 owners followed by n8x0 owners know this well. Two things make the situation a bit better. The first is Qt, more specifically QtMobility as it abstracts a lot of the device specific bits. There are still items not covered by QtMobility and items that are only available in new Qt. The second is the Community OBS which will (eventually) allow building applications for Maemo 5, Meego-Harmattan, and Meego. It'd be nice if they add Maemo 4.1 to the OBS so devs have a one stop shop for all platforms.

At that point the main challenge for developers is testing. This'll be a problem for me as my device is a Nokia loaner and once they take it away things will be a bit more difficult to support Maemo 5.

I forgot all the nitdroid developers. A great thanks to all of you. Keep up the good work.

Developers? Where?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Developers? Where?
Please elaborate?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Developers? Where?
Who the hell is making applications for maemo so guys like us could enjoy our phone? I call them developers. What do you call them?

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Without doubt , this device and OS without DEVs effort would be worth nothing. But that was actually idea behind wasn't it? It is only shame that didn't grow a bit more.

Some people were asking how to brick N900.
Simple, kill all Devs or at least their attitude.

Keep up a good work!