Closed Thread
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
This thread can be summarized in one word: HOPE!

I only have one n900 :-) and I'm not a "power user", so I'd like to know if there will be "stable" updates so I can help without being afraid of brick the phone.

It is like agree on installing software from extras-testing but not from extras-devel.

I'm not a programmer, but my primary language is Spanish. If there is something that must be translated, I'd like to help.

Last edited by lsolano; 2011-01-30 at 02:08.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
You wont "brick" the phone, at most you risk a reflash. Use backupmenu, and youll have nothing to loose

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Sorry for asking this as I'm also a non-developer but extremely interested and appreciative of you guys developing and testing this CSSU.

Probably you guys could list out in a sticky or in the wiki about the benefits of trying this? Just a comprehensive list of things that will improve or change when this is installed? that would probably encourage more non-developers like myself to consider and probably test it out to provide feedback from an end-user point of view.

Of course, then probably a way to revert to the old hildon-desktop/home if the non-developers find it problematic, instead of reflashing?

Thanks so much to this excellent team.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
I am not an power user then also i will give it a try and thanks for supporting MAEMO 5 (NOKIA N900) as nokia has let it in the dust.
May be after this we can again regain glory for Nokia N900 with latest feature which its competitor posses to have and prove the mobile industry that NOKIA N900 IS ONE OF THE BEST MOBILE (COMPUTER) AND WILL BE THE BEST

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
After switching to community SSU I'm getting this:
Code:
N900 ~ # apt-get -s autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  nokiamaps-navigation-provider-settings-002 libqtm-publishsubscribe dsme-thermalobject-surface libqtm-versit libqt4-translations
Hmm, seems like the AutoRemover destroyed something which really
shouldn't happen. Please file a bug report against apt.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  qtm-maemo-metapackage: Depends: libqtm-publishsubscribe (>= 1:1.0.2-maemo1) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libqtm-versit (>= 1:1.0.2-maemo1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Internal Error, AutoRemover broke stuff
Those packages were not in the list before, and of course this apt error is blocking me from removing them.

Is it normal? If not, any idea what I can do? Thanks.

Great job. Interface feels much faster than before.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks for making me believe again in a bright future of my sweet little brick
Unfortunately, I'm no programmer, but I have been using Linux for about 10 years now. If I can be of any help, please let me know.
I could for example imagine translating program strings and docs to German.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Thanks a lot for this support.I'll surely try this.

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Are there any plans for updating the Qt packages as has been done in the extras-devel just in the official qt namespace? (the new qtm packages in -devel are in their own namespace so you need to recompile to use them).

Also, any chance of having an updating package list like there is available for extras-devel and with changelogs, so people can follow what is going on?

i do not know where to put this but can we (read: capable ones, not me) replace the modest have some other email client that would handle the multiple MFE? and it would auto download the html page not just show the html email after you hit some button, and if there is a picture attached show the preview of it in the body, or if there is a file attached say .doc or .xls or any-other document have that preview on the body too.
Is this something doable?
If this is not the place for this question please remove my post or direct me some-where.
Cheers,

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade