Closed Thread
I'll install it as soon as I can connect my phone to a charger. I'm not a proo but still sometimes it's good to have someone with a noob look on board

edit:

Had a problem with hildon-desktop. Uninstalled it with mamoder (the rest of the tweaks to), then HAM showd no errors but the battery was to low so I did apt-get update and apt-get upgrade via x-term. Was this a good move or should I proceed with the instructions provided in wiki?

Last edited by fw190; 2011-01-29 at 17:44.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Installed it, count me in as "noob-tester" . Ctrl+Backspace and shortcutd does not work anymore. Also a small graphic glitch appeared on the Dashboard button. This would not be a deal-breaker, but unable to exit from preenv apps or other emulated fullscreen environments is a bit worrisome.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Ctrl+Backspace does not work anymore.
repro

and "dashboard" option in shortcutd

The Following User Says Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
repro

and "dashboard" option in shortcutd
Was the first thing I tried. No luck there. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Ctrl+Backspace is not handled by shoutcutD BTW.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Was the first thing I tried. No luck there. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Ctrl+Backspace is not handled by shoutcutD BTW.
Same problem here, dshboard shortcut broken. (ctrl+backspace)
camkeyd dashboard shortcut also broken..

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Installed it, count me in as "noob-tester" . Ctrl+Backspace and shortcutd does not work anymore. Also a small graphic glitch appeared on the Dashboard button. This would not be a deal-breaker, but unable to exit from preenv apps or other emulated fullscreen environments is a bit worrisome.
This is #11813. I think Mohammad's pushed a fix to gitorious, but it must not be packaged yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
FasterApplicationManager also refuses to do stuff. Probably need to add new repository for it as well. At this point I also consider reverting the changes. Is there a way for that?

Okay, gconf-schemas --register hildon-desktop-keys.schemas as root and a reboot fixed everything.

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-01-29 at 18:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manaus, Brazil
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
merlin1991 started on a changelog:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU#Changelog

Which is based on the commits in gitorious:

http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/h...commits/master

I'm sure he'd appreciate any help in fleshing it out.
I did some improvements to the VTE change descriptions and mentioned the major change that Modest was also upgraded to the latest version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizardo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Followed instructions literally from wiki page, so far everything seems to be fine.

I'll be happy to list a comprehensive list of everything I had installed if others are interested.

Were the auto-rotation enabling patches applied to Modest and Settings that MohammadAG one-off'ed a while ago supposed to get included in this? I thought they were? What's the reason for not letting Settings and Modest auto-rotate?

BTW, I have no problems with ShortcutD, or Ctrl+Backspace, right now.

realsportscars' portrait/landscape system-wide keyboard works just fine too, as far as I can tell.

Lens Launcher works fine too, no problems with FApMan, etc. Not noticing anything magically different either, but then again I was never bothered/affected by most bugs on the standard Nokia firmwares either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
a fix for the shortcutd problem:

run as root:
gconf-schemas --register hildon-desktop-keys.schemas
and reboot

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade