Active Topics

My bros N900 keeps rebooting since this morning.he hadnt installed any new apps in 6 days. it boots until the homescreen and secs later reboots. tried taking battery off and rebooting but then it comes to the welcome screen and after setting time n date goes to homescreen and reboots again. is there any way to reset it default without losing any phone contacts?
its RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.003_PR_COMBINED_003_ARM.bin. If i use maemo flasher to flash it with this will i lose contacts? also is this the rootfs file or the emmc file. sorry im a total noob at maemo.
I also tried enabling rd mode rebooting and disabling rd mode and booting again but still problem persists. Please help me guys

no one willing to help me?

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
did u tried starting without sim
flashing only rootfs wont't remove ur contacts

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia

The Following User Says Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
try to reflash the kernel
sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R

The Following User Says Thank You to pursueky For This Useful Post:
use a mac computer and reflash the kernel. It worked for me. My phone kept rebooting and would not load up. I used a windows xp computer and tried everything I possibily could, but nothing would work. I thought my phone was gone and would never start up again, but thank God it started up. Macs are so much easier to use. "friends don't let friends by pc's.

Hello, I am also facing the same issue now, Can you please tell me step by step procedure, how do you resoved it?

Originally Posted by jt777 View Post
use a mac computer and reflash the kernel. It worked for me. My phone kept rebooting and would not load up. I used a windows xp computer and tried everything I possibily could, but nothing would work. I thought my phone was gone and would never start up again, but thank God it started up. Macs are so much easier to use. "friends don't let friends by pc's.

The solution:

Download the latest maemo flasher (here: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php), and the latest firmware file (.bin) (here: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php).

Put the firmware file (.bin) in /program files/maemo/flasher-3.5

Then open the flasher, type in: flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F <firmware-image>

The flasher will wait for the n900 to connect.

Put the micro usb in the n900, slide it open, press and hold "u" then put in the usb cable in the laptop.

It should reflash the kernel, no files or apps or anything else lost

have fun =)

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
my god
no need to re-flash the kernel...just disable the watchdog...
please look HERE...

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
What's with this sudden wave of people enabling R&D mode who have no idea why they've done it or how to disable it?