Active Topics

Notices

It would be nice if you could add one choice: send all incoming and sent SMS automatically to preset email.

This would be handy feature for archiving SMS. Email header could contain tag SMS, sender phone number and name if found in contacts, and time.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
wtf i just installed this and it asked me for a new root password ok fine, now i go to load smscon editor and its asking me for a password so i put in the root pass and it keeps saying inccorect.....
The root password you entered during the installation was for the SSH server.

The editor password is different and it is 12345. You can change it from inside the app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by wejjo View Post
It would be nice if you could add one choice: send all incoming and sent SMS automatically to preset email.

This would be handy feature for archiving SMS. Email header could contain tag SMS, sender phone number and name if found in contacts, and time.
It is a nice idea and many will find it useful I believe. The problem is it doesn't match the purpose of this application. It needs to be in a separate one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
It is a nice idea and many will find it useful I believe. The problem is it doesn't match the purpose of this application. It needs to be in a separate one.
you are right, separate program may be better. Just thought you propably know how to do this, and because this SMScon handles SMS anyway, so this could be little "add-on"

There was this kind of program for s60-series symbian phones, named SMS2Email, tiny handy program, i really liked it. It was so easy to find a SMS with gmail search

Hi,

i really like this useful program and would wished to have it on the handy which I lost a few weeks ago.
i installed it today on my n900 and i'm very happy about its fuctionality.

But i recognized some little problems when testing it today. my girlfriend sended my the 'Locate' command and got 4 sms with
"-unlock-
phone was already unlocked."
and 3 sms with the "accepted" message which i think is a bit overkill
luckily my prepaid card ran out of money before my n900 could send another 50 sms

no serious: i think this bug is maybe some problem with the sms timeout or something

in my logs appeared these message:
Code:
DAEMON ERROR: failed to send SMS to "..."
the user should also have the ability to deactivate the default gprs connection when a command has been received. i also didn't found any possibility to turn the "unlock" message off. is there any?

Originally Posted by BadZad View Post
Hi,

i really like this useful program and would wished to have it on the handy which I lost a few weeks ago.

But i recognized some little problems when testing it today. my girlfriend sended my the 'Locate' command and got 4 sms with
"-unlock-
luckily my prepaid card ran out of money before my n900 could send another 50 sms

no serious: i think this bug is maybe some problem with the sms timeout or something

Code:
the user should also have the ability to deactivate the default gprs connection when a command has been received. i also didn't found any possibility to turn the "unlock" message off. is there any?

I solve that. You have to edit the smscon_daemon file (i use vi). Where is GSMmodem, change Maxretry to 1 (default 3).

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Could you elaborate a little on what is the problem you have?
Thanks for your excellent app.

Ok, my problem is:

I have 3 cellphones: my great n900, my mother's cellphone and my father's cellphone. So i decided to check the great feature of receiving the new sim number (when i change the sim card).

I set my mother number in the smscon-editor and all the test work fine. I type smscon -imsi and i see 1 imsi number (mine). Then i change the sim card (i put my father's sim) to check that great feature. But i don't receive my father's number via sms to my mother's cellphone. I type again smscon -imsi and now i see 2 imsi numbers. I type smscon -log and i see:

DAEMON INFO: reading 1 IMSI codes from "smscon_code" file
DAEMON WARNING: IMSI code has changed to "xxxxxxxxxx"
DAEMON INFO: added IMSI code (xxxxxxxxxx) to "smscon_code" file

(the Xs are numbers)

It should send the new number, not add the IMSI code.

thanks in advance for you help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brian_7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post

Ok, my problem is:

I have 3 cellphones: my great n900, my mother's cellphone and my father's cellphone. So i decided to check the great feature of receiving the new sim number (when i change the sim card).

I set my mother number in the smscon-editor and all the test work fine. I type smscon -imsi and i see 1 imsi number (mine). Then i change the sim card (i put my father's sim) to check that great feature. But i don't receive my father's number via sms to my mother's cellphone. I type again smscon -imsi and now i see 2 imsi numbers. I type smscon -log and i see:

(the Xs are numbers)

Thanks for the details. It makes absolutely sense now.

One question, is your father's sim able to sent SMSs from your phone?
This is they only way I could think it can fail.

Edit: also forgot to mention the retry will be after 900 seconds for this. did you wait that long?

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-01-24 at 21:41.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post

Ok, my problem is:

(the Xs are numbers)

Hi Brian_7,

When you did smscon -imsi (with your fathers card inside) you did 'learn' smscon that this card is trusted so after this when ever you insert this card in a later time again is NOT seen as a possible card from a thief.

I don't have a explanation why smscon didn't send a SMS to your mother's card the first time your fathers card was inserted (it should have). Maybe Saturn's remark has some validity...

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by BadZad View Post
Hi,

"-unlock-

Code:
Strange indeed, some people suffer from this behaviour, I personally have never experienced this during the development of smscon. I will look into it again, maybe I can find the explanation why this is happening. Otherwise I will simplyfy the 'retry' routine when SMS sending fails. I will rewrite/change the 'unlock' SMS sending routine...

The Following User Says Thank You to digitalvoid For This Useful Post: