Can you guys confirm that the nokia n900 is no longer made or sold?

Here in the netherlands some peopkle returned their n900's to NSP's and were told that when it could not be repaired there cannot be given a replacement because the phone is no longer made.

All shops in the netherlands including the nokia shop are no longer selling the n900 either...

does this mean the n900 is officialy dead now?

u can't buy it in netherland, but in germany:

http://www.nokia.de/produkte/mobilte...#/main/landing

nl sucks anyway lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Turkishflavor For This Useful Post:
i still think it strange that the n900 cant be replaced in holland anymore. and shops stopped offering the n900... why is that?

i dont want to by a new n900 in germany when my n900 breaks. i want it replaced or fixed

Last edited by sygys; 2011-01-24 at 10:52.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have heared something like that too. I have returned my N900 for repairs but i also got a message that the chance it would be repaired was small due no parts available. A replacement was also out of the picture because they couldn't get any new N900's

Let's hope this aint true

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
A friend had same problem as you described. according to him nokia is looking for a suitable solution. probably he gets the choice to get an other nokia like the n8. but hell when mine breaks i dont want a shitty symbian phone!! i want a n900!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Too damn bad. I find this a bit hard to believe, at least in here, Finland. I had my iPod to break 10 days after warranty, got a new one. After that, it broke again for the same reason, year and a half later. I went back to Apple and got again a new one. That's 18 months after the EOL started and they still had the unit to be replaced with a new one. Now, how is this possible? I was told that they store old models in worth of seven years. Now, I can't recall whether this was only by Apple or was it required by law, but I'm betting on the latter one.

Thus I find it kind of hard to believe that Nokia would just stop putting even replacement models to the shelves. Also, the N900 has 2 years warranty and the 2 years are not up yet. If Nokia would fail to provide new units to the owners inside the warranty we can expect quite pissed off customers, I can guarantee you that.

But don't quote me on this, please.

And btw, you can still buy it, in Finland at least, in Nokia's store.

Nokia Suomi - Nokia N900

Last edited by rantom; 2011-01-24 at 11:02. Reason: URL

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Damn, if my dear N900 broke and there were no replacements available I don't know what would I do. A symbian phone simply ain't a replacement in any way or form, it simply doesn't come even close in features.

I guess an Android phone would be the second best choice, but then again, Nokia doesn't ship Android phones and thus even that wouldn't be possible as a replacement.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Also, the N900 has 2 years warranty and the 2 years are not up yet.
After Nokia ditched the software in half a year, it comes with no surprise that they'll ditch the hardware support too

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If you want a brand new N900 then New Zealand got quite a few instock. I could act as a middle man and send it over if you pay for it. It cost around $650-$750 NZD. But hecks it may be hard to deal with lol

Im going to contact a shop here in the netherlands wich was one of the first who had them when it first released. They dont have this phone in their webshop anymore but still have older models for sale. so im going to try to find out why they stopped selling it.

Im also going to contact our NSP here and try to get some additional info there. Its very hard to believe that they stopped making them.