Active Topics

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
WOW! The new design looks great, good job!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
There will be a version of the theme for Internet Tablets and mobile devices. Hang in there.
dont get me wrong, i love itt, in fact, i'm addicted to it.

but: what you call "a version for internet tablets" should be the standard. hell! ITs are not 2nd class citizens here, they're what this site is about. and this is the one website for me that doesnt work on tablets. ( in fact, in case i didnt mention it: it makes my 770 crash after showing both ram and cpu usage going up to 100%. the only way for me to use this site is to have the browser not display any images, turn off javascript and, of course, flash.)

reggie, what would you think of a firefox community site that only renders correctly in internet explorer, makes firefox versions < 2.0 crash and states somewhere that a theme for firefox will be available shortly?

Too dark for me, lots of wasted space and difficult to read. Quick back to classic...

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I miss the "new posts" link. Please put it back. Also - as has been mentioned already - the dark font in the text boxes is nearly impossible to read. Otherwise it looks really nice. Thank you for your hard work!

Use this link:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo....php?styleid=8
UUFF! Thanks! You've save me!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm looking at the site now in Fedora 8, which I just installed.

The blue of the headers on Active Forum Topics, the first page I see when I log in, look difficult to read on a desktop computer as well as on my N800.

Overall, my impression of the new design is unfavorable. It seems to me to be over-artsy. There are all kinds of subtle colors and designs. I don't want subtle colors and designs -- I want to read about internet tablets.

The design shouldn't be over-busy and should be clean and simple. There shouldn't be too many colors. A few subtle colors and a simple design is what would make sense to me.

But then, that is similar to the site that was changed away from.

Very nice and clean design.
Thanks !

I don't like new web look because top banner and buttons consume 80% of screen on my N800 tablet. Reading ITT is pretty tedious when every single page takes 30 sec to load and another 30 sec to page down so you can read comtent.

Don't get me wrong. It's pretty. Just not useful on a tablet. On a site about tablets, that's a pretty important thing...

pj

We plan to release a version for the internet tablet and for mobile devices so stay tuned.

I'll add that to the list.

For the meantime, how about a super secret , always current, ajax enabled latest thread page? sshhh.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/vaispy.php
Thanks from me as well. I depend on that button!