Notices

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks, but where I should do this ?
I tried to go to the folder, I check the file with wrong thumbnail and I pressed CTRL+R, this did something like refresh, but the wrong thumbnail is still here..
Where is my mistake ? or where is thumbnails located ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-01-19 at 12:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
The best file manager i ever used. I chose pygtk editor as the default editor.
Excellent app. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to n900maniac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks, but where I should do this ?
I tried to go to the folder, I check the file with wrong thumbnail and I pressed CTRL+R, this did something like refresh, but the wrong thumbnail is still here..
Where is my mistake ? or where is thumbnails located ?
CTRL+R should remove ALL thumbails
The folder is /home/user/thumbnails/filebox
Go to this folder and check if it's empty

Try this in root mode, maybe it's a permission problem deleting cache.
If that's the problem I'll fix that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Hi
When I went to the folder /home/user/thumbnails/filebox, I marked all the files and I tried to run a command CTRL + R and my phone stuck in a bit ..
I saw the CPU is 80-90%, I waited and waited, but nothing.. I did reboot to my phone and when I tried open the "FILEBOX" it's took a very long time (5-7 min)...
I tried again delete this files, but I got the same result...
I updated the version to 0.7-3 and tried again, but I got the same result...
I did uninstallation to the "FILEBOX" and I went to the folder /home/user/thumbnails (in X-Tetrm), I tried delete the folder "filebox" and again my phone stuck in a bit and the CPU is 80-90%. Only now I understand why it's happened... I think this happened because a large amount of files... I waited something like 15-20 minutes ! for completing process .. After that I installed the "FILEBOX" again.. (v 0.7-2)

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-01-20 at 14:46.

a suggestion: add multi checking when deleting and sharing files or moving, like in the standard file manager other than that this one is awesome manager

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weedalot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Weedalot View Post
a suggestion: add multi checking when deleting and sharing files or moving, like in the standard file manager other than that this one is awesome manager
You can use CTRL+A...

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
You can use CTRL+A...
yea figured couple things out, but still got a feeling that the original file manager deals with this a bit user friendly so to speak.
you choose "delete" than check the files and do so. also had an error deleting a folder using the FileBox and the standard file manager let me delete it.

Again, the FileBox is awesome and provides much more than the built-in manager but its my 10c

The Following User Says Thank You to Weedalot For This Useful Post:
Fantastic app mate!!! Its one of my most frequently used applications!!! Thanks a lot for making my N900 so much more awesome!

Just some suggestions...
1) Would it be possible for you to reduce the touch and hold time for the context menu a bit? Or atleast making it configurable via settings.
2) Also, as @Weedalot was suggesting, i personally feel the systems default implementation for multi-select dialogues is a little better in usability.
3) A file/folder details menu and configurable keyboard shortcuts can also be nice additions too.

Would love to see this application develop further if you have the time. Sorry if i have repeated some previously mentioned stuff as i haven't gone through all the pages of this thread.

Last edited by ajayjohn; 2011-01-23 at 10:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajayjohn For This Useful Post:
is it just me or someone else has this problem? not all icon packs are loaded in FileBox, i am using an-droid theme with icon pack and i have only humanity hicolor and Black-Plastic to choose from, but i also got pleego,pleego-black icon set and an-droid icon set installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Weedalot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
It seems that Filebox comes with its own icon packs instead of using system ones, it also implements its own icon selection in configuration.

I think it's not needed any more. CepiPerez, you could remove the select icon theme feature and use system defaults, as it can all be configured from Theme Customizer.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-02-09 at 08:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
file manager, filebox