Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
i took a quick look but just no time at the moment :P - back at work, and wayyyyyyy to much to do
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Ok!
I'm using "my" method right now. it's good way to get delivery report. Mind, if u check delivery reports in messages settings u only get wee yellow banner "deliverd to xxx", if u unchecked it tho, u'll get text back with smthin like "msg no. delivered to phn no. date, time"

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Portsmouth UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
can't find one for at&t USA though :P
AT&T US didn't support this feature last year when I looked into it, I'd be very surprised if they did now.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by zmay View Post
Ok!
I'm using "my" method right now. it's good way to get delivery report. Mind, if u check delivery reports in messages settings u only get wee yellow banner "deliverd to xxx", if u unchecked it tho, u'll get text back with smthin like "msg no. delivered to phn no. date, time"

argh yesterday, i wasnt sure if my text message was delivered -_- whats ur method ?? i need it really bad..

i dont have enough experience to do this.. cant some one look at it ? i tried my best

Last edited by Psycho; 2011-01-17 at 18:37.

i don't know if some1 said that before me but when the msg is on its way there is a white box and arrow logo next to it, if it delivered its gone and replaced by the date..if not its replaced by red (X).

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i don't know if some1 said that before me but when the msg is on its way there is a white box and arrow logo next to it, if it delivered its gone and replaced by the date..if not its replaced by red (X).
hmmm isnt that just because it is sended ?? and not delivered ? but just leaved outta ur phone
cuz, if you have a red (X) next to ur message that means that you dont have a GSM connection for example.. so the phone couldnt send the message.. i need really a proof of delivery, a message that says: message delivered.

Last edited by Psycho; 2011-01-17 at 18:50.

Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
hmmm isnt that just because it is sended ?? and not delivered ? but just leaved outta ur phone
cuz, if you have a red (X) next to ur message that means that you dont have a GSM connection for example.. so the phone couldnt send the message.. i need really a proof of delivery, a message that says: message delivered.
can't help you with that, every msg i send is delivered cause i get a reply shortly after..so i know that displaying the date next to the msg is a proof of sending/delivering.
btw did you try checking the [receive SMS delivery reports] in the settings of conversations ?

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
can't help you with that, every msg i send is delivered cause i get a reply shortly after..so i know that displaying the date next to the msg is a proof of sending/delivering.
btw did you try checking the [receive SMS delivery reports] in the settings of conversations ?
Sending SMS and recieving message delivery report is two different things

When you send an SMS the case would be the phone sents it successfully to the network. But the delivery report notfies you only if the message you sent was indeed recieved by the number you sms'ed.
On our country the same prefix is needed to get delivery reports but I don't bother at all anyways cause as AgogData said it is sent successfully always anyway. I think it gets a 0.001% chance that the user won't recieve the sms. But who knows? Maybe their provider isn't that optimized yet that on most cases the sms failed to reach it's destination? That's also the case here on uhm... 3 to 4 years ago?

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
why can't there be a seperate folder for delivery reports ? if you miss that little yellow banner you have'nt a clue wether the other person has recieved it or not. surely there must be a work around or is the text messaging bit closed?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
if you miss that little yellow banner you have'nt a clue wether the other person has recieved it or not.
Click on the message. There will be two dates if message has been delivered (above the content of the message).

The Following User Says Thank You to Silvarum For This Useful Post: