Active Topics

Poll: Will we see something mobile MeeGo related at Mobile World Congress 2011?
Poll Options
Will we see something mobile MeeGo related at Mobile World Congress 2011?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I heard that nokia rent its own place outside of the conference area.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I heard that nokia rent its own place outside of the conference area.
They did that last year. Though they had that info up on their event page 7 months before the announcement.
Oh well hopefully you are right because Nokia does not have stands for it's devices in MWC for bigger audience, only for the distribution and OEM partners.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes, could be a good move and get of the spotlight and only attract people interested in Nokia. They also have a interesting briefing the 11 th where they will talk about strategy and result for Q4.

http://cmd.nokia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c...cmd10_overview

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
If thats not EPIC I don't know what is...
There is a difference between announcement and availability, and would be suprised if Nokia has this up for sale before the 3rdQ2011.
Also, the linked site is in no way connected to Nokia, dont be so sure about their sources.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I'm starting to doubt Nokia will show anything in MWC or at least have have units for people to test. I doubted if we will N9 in MWC, but now i'm starting to doubt will we even see Symbian devices.
I stopped reading.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
In the US, subsidizing - a tactic that's unique to Central and North America by now,
Hardly. However in other countries users seem to be more aware of the full cost of subsidised phones.

dropped everywhere else - is king. And Nokia has bucked that system more than once.
Maybe Nokia hasn't provided phones subsidised on contracts in the US, but this is quite representative of Nokia handsets in South Africa. Here are some others:

E5
C6
N900

According to DeviceLeak himself, Eldar Murtazin of mobile-review, Nokia will not release the Nokia N9-00 we have seen spy photos of earlier

Several blogs has referred to a tweet by Eldar that that the Nokia N9-00 will be abandoned even before has seen the daylight.
http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=1919

If the N9-00 was the Nokia N9 and the N9-01 isnt related to the Nokia N9 or isnt a version based on it with more features, Im basically going Android although I do not want to.

The tweet says it all:
@kopte3 n9-00 is canceled. Other phone in development. Nokia is killing herself
I once again HOPE it is a rumor or just to surprise us even bigger but...

Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post
I once again HOPE it is a rumor or just to surprise us even bigger but...
That tweet is a mindless parroting of what Eldar said with a heaping pile of panic and nonsense added on.

I'm amazed people are shocked at the possibility that Nokia killed off (or repurposed) what was obviously shaping up to be pathetically weak hardware for a high end device.

Of course, let's not allow rationality to stop irrational panic and mindless fear fueled by rumor mongering. TMO might actually become useful for a bit

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
wow, you really thought that the macbook type styling of that prototype was weak? Everyone I've shown it to, thought i was beautiful. Or are you refering to the rumored specs of the prototype device?

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
That tweet is a mindless parroting of what Eldar said with a heaping pile of panic and nonsense added on.

I'm amazed people are shocked at the possibility that Nokia killed off (or repurposed) what was obviously shaping up to be pathetically weak hardware for a high end device.

Of course, let's not allow rationality to stop irrational panic and mindless fear fueled by rumor mongering. TMO might actually become useful for a bit
A Intel Atom 1.2 is "weak" for you in a smartphone?

Tags
just shoot me, why??