Active Topics

Would like to propose another usability feature. Holding close/back button in the right upper corner of the screen would close all windows and/or instances of application.

The current way to close an app is go to multitasking screen and tap on its window. In case of MicroB it becomes quite tedious.

Vote here:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...l_app_windows/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
its a very good idea, something i've never really thought about but it does make a lot of sense to have a close all.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
A good Idea. But in my opinion it should ask to close all windows or only the actual window to avoid closing all applications by accident.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Good idea. The same thing should apply to the taskmanager view close buttons. Long pressing a button of one thumbnail of an app should close all its windows.

Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
Good idea. The same thing should apply to the taskmanager view close buttons. Long pressing a button of one thumbnail of an app should close all its windows.
It is worth to add it as a solution.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! Anyone has a solution for this yet? It takes 4 steps just to close an application (email or media player). I like the idea of a long press to close the application rather than having to go back 3 times to close the application.

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Hi! Anyone has a solution for this yet? It takes 4 steps just to close an application (email or media player). I like the idea of a long press to close the application rather than having to go back 3 times to close the application.
as for this one, you can just open the dashboard (tap on the top-left button, it's 1 click) and then tap the X button for the email (or whatever apps it is) window, it's 2 click. better than circling back 3 or more times

but still, would like to see the feature advised by the OP implemented

I can not believe it took me a year to find out that holding the dashboard button while in application takes me straight to desktop...

Anyway, close all is a good idea, I'd like that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to philh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by philh View Post
I can not believe it took me a year to find out that holding the dashboard button while in application takes me straight to desktop...

Anyway, close all is a good idea, I'd like that.
You're not alone, i just learned it after reading your post.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
My preferred solution would be to have a close button in the top-right corner of the task switcher view to close all running applications:

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: