I have a N770 I picked up for cheap with a 1 Gig MMC card. It currently has 2006 on it.

As far as hacks and other things (such as moving ther OS to the MMC card), what should I do? I want to get the fastest, most tuned I can do on this platform...

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
well if you are not looking for music/video storage, then you should
put OS 2007 HE on it,
hack flash 9 on to it,
then flash the high speed kernel,
install seatbelt from maemo.org,
copy OS on to mmc,
boot to mmc.

That is what I would think would give you the best performance, I don't have my os to the mmc since I like my storage, but I have done it before and it works fast.
I would have collected links to all the places but that would have taken like 20 mins and you can search the forum and will find most of them, have a look at the wiki at maemo.org too.

I can find the details - just wondering what to do. Thank you!

So it is recommended to use the hacked kernel (even though it is older) over the newer one in the firmware? I thought the author confirmed the newer kernel had some of the fixes in the hacked one?

Can someone please confirm the above statement? is the high speed kernel already there in the latest OS 2007HE? if not, can someone please provide a link where to get it for the Latest HE OS 2007. On fanoush's site its only for the OS2006.49....

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
AFAIK none of the images from Nokia are high speed. Even though the version numbers are different the core kernel should be the same, so the image should work. I have used the high speed patch on a earlier version and it worked just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ericdkirk For This Useful Post: