Active Topics

Notices

doom, xterm, gpe suite, nmap, etc... its a hackers plaything

But i think the best thing thus far has been my little hack to get the built in email to support kontact csv lists... now i dont have to type everything in twice

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Originally Posted by saint gerald
Where did you find this? Do you have a link?
It's in the Maemo wiki Application Catalogue WIP.

jaycee

Does anyone use there 770 as a wardriving device? I am interested to see what programs you have gotten to work under the 770. Please reply with any wardriving apps you have successfully working on your 770.

I have:

Become root. (for various reasons)

kbdd (serial bluetooth keyboard driver): to work with the Freedom keyboard. I did some scripts so that it is started from the menus. By the way, you need to use the "smartbt" profile, and it was a real pain finding this out.

FBreader: I am going to try Ebook reading. I have no experience of this, will see how it goes.

Nethack: I allways load Nethack on any device I can - simply the best computer game ever. I miss text mode though.

oggplay: why pay Fraunhoffer?

xterm: for editing configuration scripts and moving items around the menus.

tnftp: for getting stuff when I have no USB cable.

vim: god I hate modal editors, when can we get a GUI text editor which can see all the filesystem, or even a filesystem manager which can see all the filesystem? :s/hate/really hate/p

vncviewer: Because it is the only way to do stuff on my server.

Hardware:
1Gb RS-MMC card (san disk because it was the cheapest)

Bluetooth keyboard. Freedom Bluetooth one (again because it was the cheapest, with hindsight, you should get a Kb which supports the Kb HID profile.

I tried the nfs mount hack, but this ran way too slow, so I am now using the Slimserver thing for music access, but it is still not good. We need a better mechanism for streaming content off windows servers.

Hope this helps

Jon

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
Any chance of sharing those scripts? I have a few I've done but its a kludge at best. I have to reset the 770 when I'm done using the keyboard.

Originally Posted by JonFowler
I have:

kbdd (serial bluetooth keyboard driver): to work with the Freedom keyboard. I did some scripts so that it is started from the menus. By the way, you need to use the "smartbt" profile, and it was a real pain finding this out.

Jon

Any chance of sharing those scripts? I have a few I've done but its a kludge at best. I have to reset the 770 when I'm done using the keyboard.
When I am back at home with my 770 I will post a how-to here.

Jon

How to get Freedom Bluetooth Keyboard to work using kbdd driven from the menus rather than command line.

It is assumed that you have access to root.

Note: I am concerned that you say you have to reset the 770 when you finish using the keyboard. Running the btkbd script again should disconnect the keyboard. It certainly does for me.

Anyway:

using the kbdd daemon from http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/

Install the kbdd software as described in the readme, using the "smartbt" keyboard profile as mentioned.

edit the btkbd script file, add a "sleep 1" command after the "rfcomm bind" command. This is not strictly necessary, but seems to make it work more reliably on my system.

My install of kbdd is in /home/user/kbdd

create a script file to run the btkbd script. Mine is called:

/home/user/btkboard

with a single line:
sudo /home/user/kbdd/btkbd
permissions rw,r,r owned by root

add a line to /etc/sudoers as follows:

user ALL = NOPASSWD: /home/user/kbdd/btkbd

Create a script file to run the script from the menus. mine is:

/etc/others-menu/1400_tana_fi_utilities/0400_KEYBOARD.desktop

contents 5 lines:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Bluetooth KB
Exec=/home/user/btkboard
Terminal=false
Permissions rw,r,r owner and group root.

Hope this helps, do not do this unless you are confident about editing the sudoers file, I think that is the only thing here which can do any damage.

Jon

Last edited by JonFowler; 2006-03-17 at 17:32.

Hi. I have a couple of aplications, but here is what I really miss on my N770. I think these applications would far more usefull then a lot of games, and password sniffing utils ported for N770.

* ZIP and RAR archiver

* SMB client in order to connect disk on Windows network

* Good email client

* Java virtual machine

* Video player, that will be able play PSP format videos (there is tons of videos formated for PSP)

* Emulators of Gameboy, ZX Spectrum or other popular gaming system (there is a lot of games fore these systems)

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by gesteves
What I have:
X Terminal
Gaim
GPE PIM Suite
A couple of episodes of The Simpsons

What I've tried:
Abiword: Didn't work. Couldn't open a single document properly.
Slimserver: Had a great time streaming music to the 770, and controlling the music playing on my other computers. I'm still trying to stream music from outside my network, though. Haven't had much luck with that.
Patiotunes: A web remote control for iTunes, works great on the 770.

What I want to try:
Thoughtfix's USB host methods.
VNC.

What I'd like to see:
Kismet, or some other network sniffer. With the range this thing has, it's just begging to be taken for a wardrive.
i went to the official patiotunes site and only saw osx and win versions. how do you run it on the 770? is it the kind of thing where you run it on the host and then just browse there on the 770, like slimserver?

Is it possible to get a smooth integration to add newsfeed from a internet url site. e.g. if you select adding newsfeed you can autmatically search in internet für rss sites.
same solution is convinient for Internet radio and so on

Its is not very intutiv to select and mark internet site first and denn copy it thourh an not very visible Test input.