Active Topics

Notices

I need help on this, I'll tried to install, but got this on terminal:

Preparing to replace modest 3.2.13-3+0m5 (using modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement modest ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb (--install)
short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./usr/bin/modest.launch')
Errors were encountered while processing:modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cluj, RO
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
I can confirm this. I changed the preference in emails to 'plain text' and now I can forward the same emails along with attachments.
I can also confirm that emails are sent without attachment, sometimes without text. while using Mail for Exchange.

Also, this version seems to not know how to open image/jpeg, it says it has no handler configured.

Great work on this, let's hope we can improve it further. Thanks!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by VladNistor View Post
I can also confirm that emails are sent without attachment, sometimes without text. while using Mail for Exchange.

Also, this version seems to not know how to open image/jpeg, it says it has no handler configured.

Great work on this, let's hope we can improve it further. Thanks!
I use MfE for my work mail so I'm little less motivated to test.

Could you mention any advantages (and bugs) of using this version apart the portrait mode for MfE users as well as against which version of exchange you're testing?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I use MfE for my work mail so I'm little less motivated to test.

Could you mention any advantages (and bugs) of using this version apart the portrait mode for MfE users as well as against which version of exchange you're testing?

Thanks
The application is snappier, it used to take a while to get to my inbox, now it's much faster when loading emails or a folder. Also search times seem to have improved. (I did install the swapolube, so that may have something to do with it).

I'll have to check which MfE version I'm using, will get back on that tomorrow.

Changing to sending text emails (as opposed to HTML ones) fixes the message problems.

I've also just noticed that when you go to edit the signature you have your old one erased and replaced with "Sent from my Nokia N900" standard, which is odd.

I'll keep it for now because of the access time to my inbox. Also, I prefer reading large bodies of text in portrait mode, which is a big plus.

I'd love to help out with the bugs but i'm no programmer. I will however happily test future versions of this application.

Vlad

Last edited by VladNistor; 2010-10-10 at 22:45. Reason: Clarifications

The Following User Says Thank You to VladNistor For This Useful Post:
some problems i have:
1. i can't scroll emails horizontally. some emails have large images or long text that go out of the screen. scrolling doesn't seem to work both in portrait and landscape mode.
2. pressing CTRL+M to send emails doesn't work anymore. this was very handy for me.

Originally Posted by droll View Post
some problems i have:
1. i can't scroll emails horizontally. some emails have large images or long text that go out of the screen. scrolling doesn't seem to work both in portrait and landscape mode.
2. pressing CTRL+M to send emails doesn't work anymore. this was very handy for me.
I can confirm #1. I can confirm #2 in the sense that Ctr+M doesn't do anything; I had not used it before.

Vlad

Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
I need help on this, I'll tried to install, but got this on terminal:

Preparing to replace modest 3.2.13-3+0m5 (using modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement modest ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb (--install)
short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./usr/bin/modest.launch')
Errors were encountered while processing:modest_3.2.13-3+0m5_armel.deb

Same problem here...

This patch works fine in PR 1.3? The modest fixes are included in the new PR?

Tks

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
why is it when i click on to read a message, it goes back to landscape and i'd have to ctrl+shift R again?

also, is there a portrait qwerty keyboard?

Bump

This patch works fine in PR 1.3? The modest fixes are included in the new PR?