Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by gasper_k View Post
The thing to watch out when skipping old events is that repetitions for recurring events can be in the present and should be synced. I think that was an issue back then; Erminig didn't sync repeating events if they started too far in the past, even though they were still occurring in the future.
Good point. I can confirm that this was an issue (and would still have been an issue if you did not point it out).

I'll take that into account during the re-implementation of this feature.
This of course will complicate a bit the management of the first sync, but it doesn't seem too hard to manage

thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
I know there's a new version out soon, but wanted to just chime in and say the current one doesn't seem to signal to bring up on-demand internet connections before attempting the scheduled sync, which throws up a bunch of error boxes once a day :-)

Also, with the connection up, and only one of several profiles disabled, I get a number of boxes saying 'Profile is disabled!' when pressing the sync all button. These appear after the progress bar goes all the way to the end.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
@tomchiverton:

- the error boxes should not appear anymore with the new version in the works. It will however not bring up an internet connection

- I will try to reproduce the second bug you reported, and fix it accordingly. Thanks for the report!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
While I'm pleased the annoying popup is gone, what happens now when the sync time is reached is that it silently fails to work (if you have connect-on-demand on, like must ppl probably have).
This is a bad experience - is there just no Python binding for bringing up the connection (and waiting for it) ? Or do you need some assistance in that area ? I cna go digging through the Python docs for you if so :-)

@tomchiverton:

OK, the bug about disabled profiles is confirmed, and I just fixed it.
If you have the time and you are willing to dig out the doc for bringing up a connection from within Python, I'm more than interested, thanks!

I will release the "sync" version of Erminig in a few hours. Please don't expect tons of updates/new features, since this is more to get everybody on the same version to facilitate the debugging.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Hello all,

version 0.2.12 has just been uploaded to extras-devel.

There aren't tons of new features nor bug fixes. This release is more a collection of all patches floating around, plus a few bug fixes of my own. Please note that now the package is properly optified (we may as well prepare ourselves to the transition to extras-testing )

the Changelog:

* FIX: Do not try to sync disabled relationships
* FIX: More robust parsing of ISO8601 dates (patch by thomasvs)
* FIX: Silent errors in alarmed mode (patch by Jaffa)
* FIX: Remote source not populated (patch by mdengler)
* NEW: Initial framework for alarms sync (patch by geni4u)
* NEW: Added bug-tracker URL
* NEW: Proper optification

I'm well aware that there are still bugs with the synchronization, so please report any bug to the bug-tracker (https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=erminig)!

Alarm sync is not functional as of yet, but the initial framework is there thanks to geni4u.

Now that I'm well back in the loop (at last!), I will be much more reactive with bug reports and releases, so let's get this software in shape and ready for general availability

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Yeah! Thank you!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Apparently, this should work, but I get an unsupported method type error (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...366#post915366).

import dbus
self.bus = dbus.SystemBus();
self.icd2_obj = self.bus.get_object('com.nokia.icd2', '/com/nokia/icd2')
self.icd2_obj.connect_to_signal('state_sig', self.icd2_state_listener, 'com.nokia.icd2', byte_arrays=True)
self.icd2_iface = dbus.Interface(self.icd2_obj, 'com.nokia.icd2')
self.icd2_iface.connect_req(dbus.UInt32(1))#ICD_CO NNECTION_FLAG_UI_EVENT(0x8000)

def icd2_state_listener(self, *args):
print "icd2_state_listener got args:\n";
print args

There are some great guys on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42588, more docs on DBUS are http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus.../tutorial.html and the various calls and signals you get back are here http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...#D-Bus_signals should you need 'em. For instance there is a 'show_conn_dlg' you could call if connect_req timesout (it puts up a dialogue).

Last edited by tomchiverton; 2011-01-09 at 01:04.

@tomchiverton:

cool, thank you for the pointers! I will give them a shot and look what I can do with them!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
I think it may be better to set up a listener for the connection. That way Erminig can sync when a connection is established, just like e-mail is checked. A setting would come in handy so that it wouldn't sync too often, for example: sync when a connection is detected, but not more than once per hour.

I prefer my apps not to connect automatically, because of my limited data plan and possible roaming.

The Following User Says Thank You to gasper_k For This Useful Post:

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization