Notices

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
I must be missing something. The program runs, need to have the headphones to have signal, and correctly find the stations with them and gives good signal strenght, but... no sound. I can hear me interacting with menus and programs, can load the old radio program and works well, but get no sound from the radio stations in this one.

Could be related with the power kernel or not installed dependencies?

The Following User Says Thank You to gmuslera For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Usually I can't hear even noise, but two times I have managed to get it playing it enabled bluetooth and instantly when disabled bluetooth it stopped working.

It would be nice, if you could open frequency selector by clicking current frequency. Frequency selector could also be two sliders like in the transmitter.

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-01-06 at 14:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Usually I can't hear even noise, but two times I have managed to get it playing it enabled bluetooth and instantly when disabled bluetooth it stopped working.

It would be nice, if you could open frequency selector by clicking current frequency. Frequency selector could also be two sliders like in the transmitter.
AIUI, Bluetooth and the FM receiver are on the same chip, so you can't activate one without the other. See many threads passim.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2011-01-06 at 15:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Version 0.1.1 is now in extras-devel.
I have switched to "89.5" format, implemented the rds data, fixed some bugs and allowed the app to have a customizable font. I have even put 4more fonts inside the package, here there are some screens:

digit7 font:

BlackCastleMF font:

destructobeambb_reg font:

Bleeding Cowboys font:

Can't fix the random stops, I guess Multimedia library has a bug: on documentation I have to start and stop the radio object, while on the app I don't even need to start it and stopping doesn't work, so no restart option available.

No idea on how to set speakers as output, on web documentation I read about QAudioDeviceControl while on sdk there is no trace about it, and no clue on how to use amixer to set it, if someone has an idea I'm all ears.

Custom Station name strings aborted, while right now I use just a combobox with stringlist to manage saved stations, I'd have to load a custom circular list, a custom widget to pick stations and an xml parser to save. Too cpu and ram usage in my opinion.

Switching regionzone delayed till I know it works editing that region file.

Integration with recaller not possible, no DBUS or terminal way to call it.

AutoScan option still on todolist.

PS: Since I have changed the setting file, I have forced a remove in this version package, so who upgrades from previous version will lose those (well, package is in devel for a reason) .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
First, I wanna send you my congrats.
I've tested your application (0.1.1) and there are some bugs on this:

-as you said, random seek is buggy
-i think it's more comfortable to access stations trough direct buttons (5 or 6?)
-maybe a mono/stereo reception option?
-an FM transmitter option?

Last edited by gruik; 2011-01-07 at 18:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gruik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
tnahk you thank you!!!!men you just solve my problems i hate the other fm app but yours wow nice job UI is good and quality is just amazing!

again thaaaaaaaaannnnkkk youuu

Last edited by Shinigamijim; 2011-01-07 at 18:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
btw.
Is it possible to tune to only mono.

I ask this because I remember that when I had radio that had tuning knob and stereo<->mono switcher I could switch to mono only when reception got bad on stereo mode. And it really made difference! Fact is that fm-radio receiver on mobile phones is generally quite bad but I would not mind if I could at least listen it only in mono. Also if Iīm listening speak only then I do not mind if itīs mono.

So is this technically even possible on N900 and does it make any difference to reception on weak signal areas.

.edit
tooslow gruik seems to have mentioned about this.
@gruik What are you talking about fm-transmitter? That doesnīt make any sense.

Last edited by slender; 2011-01-08 at 11:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
1)as you said, random seek is buggy

2)i think it's more comfortable to access stations trough direct buttons (5 or 6?)

3)maybe a mono/stereo reception option?

4)an FM transmitter option?
1) Random seek? Random stops or bugged seeking? Seeking works as it should.

2)There is no space for those in mainwindow, I did something like this:

3)It's done with new version.

4)FM Receiver != FM Transmitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I see this app is coming along nicely. I will test the region thing in a bit, but something I noticed is that the FM-Radio-wide package doesn't listen to what your region is set to. It's hardcoded to a specific region that enables the entire 76-108 band. I lack the skill in either of these programs' languages to give you a detailed analysis myself, though, and definitely don't know if there's a way you can do the same thing from within the parts of the code that's yours - sounds like you may have to fight QtMobility or whatever on it.

However, here's the page where the developer of the other radio app mentions (in the 'changes' part) what he set to what... I don't know how much this helps, if any: http://maemo.org/packages/view/fmradio-wide/

Either way, keep up the great work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I'd love to try this app out, but I can't get it to install -- I get an error in FapMan saying that /home/user/.config/Maemo/qradio.conf couldn't be removed.. which makes sense given that the app has never been installed on my N900

I tried creating a blank document with that name/location, but I wasn't able to fool the install script.. any ideas?

EDIT: NM. I rebooted the phone and tried again (so that I could verify that I had written out the error message accurately), and it installed just fine this time. No idea what was going on there, but I'm looking forward to testing this app out on my daily commutes

Last edited by Bingley Joe; 2011-01-08 at 20:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post: