1. wlan: you used the wrong instructions. you need firmware from /your/ phone(2 files, one of them, the calibration, is in essence a lock ). if the mac changes(it normally fetches it from nand, but if it can't access the nand it gets a random mac - another lock mechanism), it needs need the mac adjusted( e.g. via "ifconfig HWADDRESS " or in /etc/interfaces ). if the if name changes you need to fixiate it(e.g. via udev rule). further you can localize it via module parameter to meet regional requirements - don't know if it is necessary as in my case it works without that. but if not you might want to set this to your countrycode to meet regional requirements....
after that can you configure it like any wifi device.

for details look at the n900 debian page. wlan setup is the same in ubuntu and debian. it has a complete description.

2. this is the last time i repeat this(you will find it in the threat at least a thousand times).

- keyboard was never an issue. just load the driver and set x up. it works "out of the box" - only thing you need is to tell the phone about the layout to get the blue keys working(x config).
- touchscreen needs the tsc2005 driver compiled for the kernel you use. if you have that: works also "out of the box"

yes, it works.

Originally Posted by 2ma View Post
hello,

i got 9.10 running on my n900(stock pr1.3),but i can't get wlan to work. It's not installed at all. The other problem is what i'm having, i can't shut it down, unless i take the battery out. can someone help me please? I followed these instructions.

Did you get 10.10 to work with keyboard and mouse support btw?

Last edited by lunat; 2011-01-03 at 00:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Can this be installed to emmc with same instructions as nitdroid is installed, and does this require different kernel or will power46 do?

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
can someone point me where the touchscreen driver "tsc2005" should be put, i got now 9.10 booting. if i add input devices for touchscreen to x conf i get firmware error and it boots only to console.. im using nitdroid kernel to boot.

straight forward.

driver tsc2005.ko goes to:
/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen
loading by
echo "tsc2005" >> /etc/modules

and a depmod might be a good idea.

Edit: be sure the driver is compiled for your kernel otherwise it might not work.
Sidenote: now inclusion into linux is again defered for some think it should be merged with the tsc2007 driver. this is an example i really don't understand some linux decisions. if a driver is buggy or adding it would impose some workload i'd understand. but 3 years for that result is regarding a complete submitted driver from the hw manufacturer(ti) is odd.

Originally Posted by teemui View Post
can someone point me where the touchscreen driver "tsc2005" should be put, i got now 9.10 booting. if i add input devices for touchscreen to x conf i get firmware error and it boots only to console.. im using nitdroid kernel to boot.

Last edited by lunat; 2011-01-05 at 16:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
sorry for my English...
i've got some quastions:
ubuntu 9.10 starts with omap1 in rd-mode, with kernel-power46 it writes "hit any key to panic" on white skreen with red stripe. with omap1 patch for touchskreen is working. but it is not comfirtable
in normal mode kernel-power writes "hit any key to panic", omap1 reboots device, and with nitdroid kernel ubuntu starts... but there isn't any patch for touchskreew, wich works with nitdroid kernel. or it exists?? or may by exists any anothe way to boot ubuntu without rd mode?
and second question: ubuntu asks a password when i enter in terminal "sudo" or when i locking display... i've read in this theme, thet the pass is "user" but this password isn't working((( what is the password?

Any way to install and run this like the ubuntu in this post?

This one seems more n900 friendly.

Thanks!

so can we use phone like making calls and sms on this ubuntu ???

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
@NOM: No. Ofono does not work in that fashion under Ubuntu.
If you can not install software, start again.
Get a 4GB SD Card and redo it with the bigger card. Problem solved.

That Ubuntu build has been setup to run on top of Maemo (IMO I like it more - I love to keep access to Maemo). You can just try it.
What you do - change the current ubuntu*.tar.gz2 to the downloaded one from other thread. Might work.

Last edited by kingoddball; 2011-02-08 at 19:10.

The file from the other thread is a .img.ext2 image. Renaming will definitely not work.

I tried searching for a way to convert a .bz2 to an ext2 image but haven't come up with much for a windows machine. Maybe the n900 can convert it?

Anyone have any experience creating .ext2 images?

Originally Posted by wakkamis View Post
The file from the other thread is a .img.ext2 image. Renaming will definitely not work.

I tried searching for a way to convert a .bz2 to an ext2 image but haven't come up with much for a windows machine. Maybe the n900 can convert it?

Anyone have any experience creating .ext2 images?
I think I can clarify this for you, ext2 is not a file extension, its simply what file system the disk image is using, changing it will not do anything at all, It will still be a disk image formated as ext2.

As for the .bz2 file, these are archives, you can make a new image (dd on linux, run a livecd in Virtualbox) and then extract the bz2 file into it.

Tags
bada rox