Active Topics

Poll: Have you ever broken your N900 LCD display?
Poll Options
Have you ever broken your N900 LCD display?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dudley, UK
Hi, I severely cracked my N900 screen yesterday and was amazed how easily it broke and how the digitizer still works perfectly, so just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually broken your N900 LCD display?

Last edited by xboxsky; 2010-12-30 at 03:06.

How did you drop it, Ive beaten the life out of my n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
How did you drop it, Ive beaten the life out of my n900.
By messing around lol, I think I fell on it or something but when I got it out of my pocket to take a photo I was horrified to see a crack in the corner and multi-coloured lines running down the screen, and after only 2 days of receiving it back from the insurance company after my last one got stolen a few months back oh well at least it looks easy enough to replace the screen

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by xboxsky View Post
Hi, I severely cracked my N900 screen yesterday and was amazed how easily it broke and how the digitizer still works perfectly, so just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually broken your N900 LCD display?
Just to clarify. You are not wanting people who have had digitizers or screens just quit for no known reason. You are looking for people who have known physical damage.

No, just any person who has broken their N900 screen/digitizer be it via self inflicted damage, manufacturing flaws etc. Hope this clarifies

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Not exactly broken, but the coating is starting to scratch off my digitizer in places...

At least you still have a working phone, I'm currently hunting around to find a philips 00 screwdriver to replace my screen today, this is gonna be fun

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
At least you still have a working phone, I'm currently hunting around to find a philips 00 screwdriver to replace my screen today, this is gonna be fun
Indeed is Fun
I opened my N900 completely, to change the housing!

See here!
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John McClane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Not sure if this is what you want but have a look:-
http://www.lindy.co.uk/computer-tech...set/43011.html

and this forum might help:-
http://forums.hexus.net/help-technic...rewdriver.html

quote form this forum:-
B&Q, local hardware store, Asda, Homebase etc.. all only had the size 0 philips screwdrivers. I eventually looked in at the big Tesco's here and amazingly they had the same pack (from the same manufacturer) as Asda, but, with an added size 00 philips screwdriver that I was after. I think I'll just go straight to Tesco from now on.. they seem to have everything

or:-
"Halfords have a set of 6 flat and 6 phillips down to 0000 but they're £15 a set!"

or this:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223453
from Maplins "Includes slotted: 2.0, 2.5, 3.0mm and PH000, PH00, PH0"

Dan

EDIT found these last week when I thought my screen had a problem! turned out it was me with the problem so didn't buy and therefore can't vouch...

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-12-30 at 13:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
i havent broken my screen but my dad broke his after it flung out of his pocket and landed harshly on concrete.

the replacement screen i got from ebay worked perfectly and all the screw drivers came with the replacement lcd