Active Topics

Hello there,

I was wondering if I could have some help.
I have some problems with my N900 for about 3 weeks now.

1. I had first of all (I think) a problem with the as-daemon (I think is as something to do with emails and stuffs or networking) even when I am not connected to any network. It often shows using 20 to 75 % of the CPU. The solution was to flash the rootfs which I did. So I reinstalled everything again by restoring the applications. It worked for a while, may be 4 days and went back to the same problem.

2. It is very unresponsive from time to time still after few days after restoring the applications. When I restart it, it works fine for a while until it comes to idle mode. After that when I touch the screen I can heard the touch noise but the screen stay dark and I have to restart it again.

3. Also after restarting it say that hildon-home is not responsible and ask if I want to close the application. So I say yes. Now no widget is loading if it not only the RSS, music, scout and search tool widgets.

I like to try different applications so it might be some application are giving me problems. Most of the applications are safe though. But the phone have been instable since for at least 3 to 4 weeks.

Do anyone had the same problems? Do you have a solution because I don't have any clue to where to start troubleshooting this problem.

Cheers guys.

Note: After observing conky for a while I see that as-daemon is using about 5 to 10% of the CPU but the phone is still unresponsive.

Last edited by yanness; 2010-12-28 at 20:58.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Please list all widgets you are using - one of them is likely to blame

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Please list all widgets you are using - one of them is likely to blame
I am using quit a few. The oldest one are:
Scout,
Search Tools widget,
Application Search Widget,
RSS,
Calendar Home Widget,
DateToday,
DrLauch,
Facebook,
FM RDS Notify,
HomeIP,
Personal Dataplan Monitor
Personal IP Address,
recall,
System Info Widget,
Yellow Note Applet,
Homescreen selector

Recent one are:
maxCPU,
Queen Beecon,
Battery

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Hmmm well one of those is almost certainly causing the problem. The best thing to do is to remove them all and add them back one by one until you find out which one is causing the problem.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Hmmm well one of those is almost certainly causing the problem. The best thing to do is to remove them all and add them back one by one until you find out which one is causing the problem.
Ok I will try this out.

Cheers