Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by jasonisdavid View Post
Not sure if anyone else is getting this but Appman gives me a corrupt message?

edit: nevermind, installed it from xterm.
What kind of message do you get? I tested this with dpkg -i fm-carkit_0.2-1_armel.deb and using the application manager.

Btw my n900 is on PR 1.3

The Following User Says Thank You to Roeland For This Useful Post:
Yeah it installed with dpkg fine, but when opening the file to run through the appman the installation pop-up, tick to confirm, stated the install would be 0kb. Then a message appears stating "Installation file corrupted", will re-download and check again.

edit: on pr1.3 also.

Re-downloaded and still produces the above.

Haha .... so foolish, restarted the device and viola! Sorry for the mess about!

Last edited by jasonisdavid; 2010-12-20 at 13:55.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i installed the deb... installed fine(using appman)... but when i'm on call and press speaker and turn on FM transmitter... its doesnt transmit to FM!! ne ideas? do we also have to do something else to get this to work?

Originally Posted by pavi.kant View Post
i installed the deb... installed fine(using appman)... but when i'm on call and press speaker and turn on FM transmitter... its doesnt transmit to FM!! ne ideas?

How it should work (for now):

1. Start application from terminal
2. Make a call, when call is picked up, fm transmitter is automatically started and sound is automatically routed through the fm-transmitter.

OR

Wait for a call, when the call is coming the fm-transmitter is started, and when the call is active (answered by you) the sound is routed through the activated fm-transmitter.

No need to press the speaker button, the sound is possibily re-routed on the normal way again.

do we also have to do something else to get this to work?
I haven't tested it yet witouth the patched version of fmtxd (usr/sbin/fmtxd) as described by qwerty12:

Prerequisite:
fmtxd patched: fmtxd, using http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/5.0-fi...5a46afdad43a94, checks to see if you're in a call. So open up /usr/sbin/fmtxd in a hex-editor (I used vi on the tablet itself) and replace "sig_call_state_ind" with "sig_call_sttte_ind". Make sure that the transmitter isn't on whilst doing this and that fmtxd is not running.
The patch will be implemented in the next version so you can toggle the patch from a gui.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roeland For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jasonisdavid View Post
Yeah it installed with dpkg fine, but when opening the file to run through the appman the installation pop-up, tick to confirm, stated the install would be 0kb. Then a message appears stating "Installation file corrupted", will re-download and check again.

edit: on pr1.3 also.

Re-downloaded and still produces the above.

Haha .... so foolish, restarted the device and viola! Sorry for the mess about!
Glad it works

The Following User Says Thank You to Roeland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by Roeland View Post
How it should work (for now):

1. Start application from terminal
2. Make a call, when call is picked up, fm transmitter is automatically started and sound is automatically routed through the fm-transmitter.

OR

Wait for a call, when the call is coming the fm-transmitter is started, and when the call is active (answered by you) the sound is routed through the activated fm-transmitter.

No need to press the speaker button, the sound is possibily re-routed on the normal way again.

I haven't tested it yet witouth the patched version of fmtxd (usr/sbin/fmtxd) as described by qwerty12:

The patch will be implemented in the next version so you can toggle the patch from a gui.

cant find how to run this application from xterm!! please help... i'm new at using the xterm for stuff.... thanks

Edit: Found the binary... got it wrking... But when the other user cuts the call i get the following message
sh: alsactl: not found
sh: alsactl: not found

Do i need to worry about this?
Thanks

Last edited by pavi.kant; 2010-12-21 at 08:06.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
the problem I see with this is you have to always have your radio on and set to the correct Freq .............. what if you want to listen to a CD or radio station? will this still worK?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
Mediaplayer is playing over FM.
Incoming call comes in, mediaplayer paused. Seems like fm transmitter is deactivated and activated for call.
Call ends, mediaplayer resumes, FM-transmitter stays on and mediaplayer voice is routed to int. speakers, not over FM.
After ~30sec FM-transmitter stops and started again (by mediaplayer?) and mediaplayer's sound comes from car audio again.
This doesn't matter if i start fm-carkit under normal user or root.
Under user i get error "alsactl: save_state:1530: Cannot open /var/lib/alsa/asound.state for writing: permission denied" but didn't notice any differences in transmit behavior.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
the problem I see with this is you have to always have your radio on and set to the correct Freq .............. what if you want to listen to a CD or radio station? will this still worK?
I dont see the problem, Save the n900 as radio station. When u have a call, just switch to the station.

Works good for me. Awesome hack.

fm-carkit 0.3-1 is now available in extras-devel, with a nice status-menu-widget to toggle the status...

http://maemo.org/packages/view/fm-carkit/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Roeland For This Useful Post: