Active Topics

Hi,

I've been using the Nokia N900 on Mobilicity(Canadian brand) for the past two months. Everything has been smooth sailing until a couple of days ago. Has Mobilicity changed something on their network? In my house, I barely get any signal anymore. I normally use the phone in my room and it says there is 1/2 bars, but when I call, there's a connection error and the signal bars go to 0.

I tested my phone in the main area's and they range from 2-4 bars, but normally stay around 2-3. This has never happened to me before. It normally stays at 4 bars in those areas.

I decided to take the sim out and put it in my old Nokia phone. I turned it on and everything works perfectly fine. The signal is the way it's suppose to be and the phone works perfectly in my house.

I'm so frustrated right now because I'm in love with this phone and all of a sudden it is not working properly.

Is anyone else experiencing a "weak signal" issue?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dunno if any software could cause weak signal, maybe you should shake your device and see if the signal strenght changes dramatically? Lol? Prolly a dumb advice..

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Interesting, I too have noticed a lowering of signal strength. Mine started about a week and a half ago, and I can't pinpoint it to anything I have done (I am t-mobile on the central coast of California). Initially I was stumped. It seems to have gotten better (again), but I could not figure out what was causing the issue. I did allow auto-disconnect to use 3g where available, and that seemed to get things going again. Perhaps the service providers were doing some work. Never had 3g at the house before, now it is full strength.

Last edited by thorbo; 2010-12-17 at 22:25. Reason: stupid writing.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
T-Mobile is in a middle of roll up their 3G+
In SF Bay Area last week the IP bandwidth increased dramatically - from 1MB DL to 3-5MB DL and UL was increased too.

I think it is linked events.