Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Even with the keyboard integrated, I find myself stylus-typing 95% of the time

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Oh, and kingka: check zerojay's Jabber thread.
Which one? I del.icio.us-ed this and works like a charm!

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Typing in the terminal will be easier as will be using vi (I hope the escape key is bound to something!)
To the escape key, maybe?

Still not sure. I will wait to read some real life experiences.

guys, im sure the Nokia reps have been interested to know what our feedback has been on the N810 announcement so far. has there been any word on potential pricing changes, release date confirmation, or anything else of mention?

What really excites me is not the 810, which I found, hardware-wise, too similar to the N800 to justify an upgrade *since I already own a BT GPS and an 8GB SDHC which is coming from eBay*. The very big plus, for me, on the N810 HW is the screen, but it isn't enough to justify the price of the gadget.

I am waiting with lots of hope OS2008, tough, which appear to be the first which will really make us discover the very best from our tablets. Particularly, I hope there will be the long awaited support for BT headsets (which I read on Nokia advertisement but I did not read of in any of the reviews, apart from internet call between Thoughtfix and Reggie), that would make Skype / SIP the killer app (which actually is not, sadly)

Upgrading will be for the next (N900 or N910, I think )

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think the n810 might make me delve back into the tablet world. I didn't see a heck of a lot of difference between the 770 and the n800, so I was majorly cheesed at Nokia that there was very little backward compatibility. I wasn't ready to shell out another $400. This time, I think I am.

When I first got the 770, I'd carry it around all the time, finding hotspots at will and MSNing, etc. That was WAY too hard with an onscreen keyboard, now that there's a hardware one, the tablet has matured to the point where it should be in my pocket at all times. I don't drive, so I can't wait for the first time I'm wandering around another city and use the GPS to find my way around. Should be awesome.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
[QUOTE=Hedgecore;89731]I think the n810 might make me delve back into the tablet world. I didn't see a heck of a lot of difference between the 770 and the n800, so I was majorly cheesed at Nokia that there was very little backward compatibility. I wasn't ready to shell out another $400. This time, I think I am."

Actually i also thought the same before plunging into the n800 and did not buy it for the first 6 months. But after i took the jump i was proved wrong. The n800 is far more refined than the n770 is. Actually there is not much difference between the n800 and n810 so i am going to passs it for the next version. Most of the improvements you would be surprised were actually in the n800.....

Count me in on the 'waiting in line for the n810' group.

I bought a 770 early on, and still use it all the time, but I skipped out on the N800 for mostly aesthetic reasons: I didn't like the off-white color. I hated the rear bump, and I wanted the hard cover.
so I have gladly stayed with the 770, but I am thrilled with the specs on the N810 (with two exceptions: the lack of a full sized Sd card slot, and no hard cover.)
I love the fact that it has a transflective screen, that is at the top of my list because I spend allot of my time outdoors, and I am tired of choosing an inside seat instead of the outside patio just because I want to be able to read my screen.
I love the Keyboard, (though I have a think outside Bt keyboard, I don't' always want to pull it out for everything.)
The Brushed stainless look and the sleek dimensions do it for me! I am going to plunk my <>500 down as soon as I see it available online.
-Ezra

thanks textrat, I shall give it a try.... when I get the n810 ofcourse