Active Topics

Hi guys
sorry for not following the thread for the past month. thanks all of you for the input.
the issue seems to be the headset itself as thegman mentioned. Even though the headset is still working with other devices but not with my beloved n900.

i've come to conclusion as i tried a cheap old nokia headphone and the n900 detected it straight away and the mic on it also works.

for some reasons or somehow my n900 messed my headphone up.
i'm now using a bluetooth headphone to avoid this in the future.
i don't know if it's reasonable or right or not but i'll mark the thread as solved so noone will scratch their heads for my issue no more.

thanks again to all trying to help me. your effort is really appreciated.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Generic View Post
Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me troubleshoot my weird headphone (jack/sensor) problem.
I have headphone daemon and media box installed for months no problems at all.

Then, It happened 2 days ago, i was listening to music using media box then i got a call and unplugged my headphone to take the call. After that, the headphone socket/sensor is acting weird since. The phone often doesn't recognise when the headphone plugged in.
I think the socket is still working as when i plug the headphone in i still can hear little static noise and if i try like 5-6 times the phone will eventually recognise the headphone. I'm a noob and don't know enough to trouble shoot this.

Is there anyway we can reset the process that detect/monitor the state of the headphone socket?

I haven't tried re-flash it as i am still reluctant to go that path because i don't want to re-install everything again.

Sorry if my explanation is not clear enough. please feel free to ask more question and any suggestion is welcome

EDIT: Just plugged the headphone in, Healthcheck saying that the headphone is connected. But the phone(status area) doesn't detect it (no headphone icon). Hence, the sound/music is playing out to speaker

Hallo people i have to say that this issue and thread is NOT solved so i ask u people to help me detecting my headphone to my N900.

i am facing exactly the same problem as above right know and what i could do to get my headphone working is to swap with it with another headset and thats the only way rightm know how i am (actifying my headset through swap) the head phone works only its not reconized at ones by the phone but with swap it does but after reboot with the headset connected the problem remains and then the only way to get it reconized by the phone is to swap with another headset and to be honest i am tired of doing that.

so please help me with ur knowledge people

is there a way to reset the socket or something in that way?

let me know please

thank u

Ali

Hi Ali,

Sorry to hear that you also have the problem.
Your symptom is a little bit different from mine. Your workaround didn't work in my case. Swapping around didn't get the phone to recognise my headphone.
Maybe someone might be able to help you with the issue.
I don't know enough to be of help. Sorry mate >_<

Well, I'm just joining to this thread, to keep it alive, as I'm just having the same problem. As reference, in mi case the headphone was working perfectly last night. I had the headset around my neck in the car, and when I got off, I accidentally stepped on the plug on the headset, causing it to be pull violently. After then, the problem started to appear.

Just guessing, wouldn't it be very poor constructed headphones the reason for this error?

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Yeah, I had the same problem before. I got my headphone replaced by Nokia (took 10 days).
From another thread and from what i understand, N900 is a "serial headphone killer" as said by someone else. The thing is, when u pull the headset out when something is playing in the background (call/music), something shorts out and N900 stops recognising it. For more details, I suggest u search the other headphone threads, but pretty sure that this is the reason.

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Yeah, I had the same problem before. I got my headphone replaced by Nokia (took 10 days).
From another thread and from what i understand, N900 is a "serial headphone killer" as said by someone else. The thing is, when u pull the headset out when something is playing in the background (call/music), something shorts out and N900 stops recognising it. For more details, I suggest u search the other headphone threads, but pretty sure that this is the reason.
Agreeing with this.... Reproduced the same instance for 4 times already

Does your FM-radio application detect the headset?
In qradio you can switch between speakers and headset, that did the trick for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to testerus For This Useful Post: