Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
I would love to get MSN video chat working on my N900, and have read that the MSN Butterfly protocol allows video chat....

Problem is, it won't log in?
Is there a problem with this protocol?

I currently use the MSN Haze protocol with no issues, quite stable, but Haze does not allow video chat.

I installed the MSN Butterfly protocol, but it won't log in!

Is anyone able to help me get MSN Butterfly working or enlighten me as to why it's not working?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I'm currently using haze also, but I have used butterfly without any account releated problems. Have you checked the server settings?

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
what is the server setting i have the same problem with this i think is bug related

Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
I would love to get MSN video chat working on my N900, and have read that the MSN Butterfly protocol allows video chat....

Problem is, it won't log in?
Is there a problem with this protocol?

I currently use the MSN Haze protocol with no issues, quite stable, but Haze does not allow video chat.

I installed the MSN Butterfly protocol, but it won't log in!

Is anyone able to help me get MSN Butterfly working or enlighten me as to why it's not working?
why is this msn app with video i cannot find it ???

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Last time I check, MSN Video Chat is not available in butterfly (code commented over)

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
I'm currently using haze also, but I have used butterfly without any account releated problems. Have you checked the server settings?
The server settings are no different to that of the Haze MSN plugin....and Haze works fine with those settings....
Server: messenger.hotmail.com
Port: 1863

Yet I stll cannot get Butterfly to sign in?
I have tried logging out of Haze before logging into Butterfly...no luck
Also tried uninstalling Haze and other protocols to see if there was a clash....uninstalled everything and reinstalled Butterfly by itself....no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Originally Posted by kinipyon View Post
Last time I check, MSN Video Chat is not available in butterfly (code commented over)
That would be a shame, but I can't confirm that as I still can't sign in to Butterfly to test it