Active Topics

Notices

Hi

im using vice the last few days and games seems to load fine. problem is that alot of games cant be started using the normal "fire" button. im im tried using the onscreen keyboard but cant get it to work..what am i missing with the on screen keyboard..do i just press enter on a letter? for example the enter is made of a number of characters..do i press the first one?

thx in advance

Zeltak

Originally Posted by zeltak View Post
Hi

im using vice the last few days and games seems to load fine. problem is that alot of games cant be started using the normal "fire" button. im im tried using the onscreen keyboard but cant get it to work..what am i missing with the on screen keyboard..do i just press enter on a letter? for example the enter is made of a number of characters..do i press the first one?

thx in advance

Zeltak
Try changing joystick ports through the menu.

Hi Bazza

what do you mean by joystick ports? im currenlty just using the keyboard in the n900 as "joysticks" with the allow keymap joystick option. i have of course tried to swap joystick 1 and 2.
i dont think i understand how to operate the on scree keyboard.i think i missing something..when i press enter on the n900 keyboard while on the virtual keyboard "keys" nothing happens..what am i missing?

thx again

zeltak

Hi Bazza

what do you mean by joystick ports? im currenlty just using the keyboard in the n900 as "joysticks" with the allow keymap joystick option. i have of course tried to swap joystick 1 and 2.
i dont think i understand how to operate the on scree keyboard.i think i missing something..when i press enter on the n900 keyboard while on the virtual keyboard "keys" nothing happens..what am i missing?

thx again

zeltak
Hi zeltak

Which game are you struggling to start/play?

hi

space taxi for one

zeltak

hi

space taxi for one

zeltak
I will give it a go and get back to you.

@zeltak

Check your pm.

SORTED IT

RIght, go to joystick settings redefine keyset 1 to your liking, make sure 'allow keyset joystick' is selected and set joystick device in port 2 to keyset 1.

And away u go, its quite a good game with speech aswell (a little scratchy though) but thats down to the games age.

Have fun

Last edited by Bazza; 2010-09-04 at 19:00.

thx man

works now

zeltak

How do you press Run/Stop and Restore keys simultaneously from the virtual keyboard on this emulator?

I'm trying to access the CMOS Setup screen for IDE64 to enable direct write so that I can format the ide64.hdd image using the cfsfdisk ide64 format utility. I think you have to hold these keys down with a soft or hard reset to get the cmos setup screen.

Any ideas?

Never mind, I think I'll just create a working hard disk image from VICE on my PC then copy over ide64.hdd to n900.

Last edited by suzuka; 2010-12-11 at 13:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to suzuka For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Three days ago I bought the n900.
First thing: install Vice!
It's a great emulator, but i've a problem: it goes on rootfs.
It's the version described as optified (2.2.0-3).
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advice!