Active Topics

Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
@anthonie
try keep presing shift to get numbers in keyboard, let me know if that works

@deny_winarato
if you run from mmc depending of your class of memory sd, ubuntu its going to run more slowly so at least you have no space at all I sugest you to keep the files on the internal memory of the device and follows the guide otherwise you have to change the scripts
Thanks, i tried it and i think it's pretty fast.. at least faster than easy debian..
Just got a question, what is the advantage compared to easy debian?
SInce they both have same home screen?
Is it just speed?
Is there anyway to change the home screen to more ubuntu-like?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
Nevermind, got it to work.. Just one small thing..
And now the question becomes: How did you get it to work? The answer might benefit others reading this thread.

When i run this script to make the icon appears :

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Ubuntu LXDE
GenericName=Ubuntu LXDE
Exec=/usr/bin/ubuntu-lxde
Icon=/home/user/MyDocs/ubuntu.png
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
The device freezes and i have to restart.
I already put the ubuntu.png file on /home/user/MyDocs/ubuntu.png...

When i check the app list, the icon won't show up..
only blue square with Ubuntu LXDE on it (but it works though)
Let me get this straight: You have two problems?

1. The device freezes and needs rebooting?

2. You custom icon does not show up? Concerning this, have you tried putting the icon in the normal location?

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
And now the question becomes: How did you get it to work? The answer might benefit others reading this thread.

Let me get this straight: You have two problems?

1. The device freezes and needs rebooting?

2. You custom icon does not show up? Concerning this, have you tried putting the icon in the normal location?
I don't know realy, i rebooted my device and left it for a while..
Then i tried it again and it works. Probably i was just missing a command like you said...

Yes. Umm.. where's the normal location? I can't find it..

A bit off topic but i can't upload the ubuntu.png file to tinypic..Kinda strange because the other images work..
I keep getting "Upload Failed! Uploaded 0 of 1. An error occurred while uploading the file" Any idea why?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
I don't know realy, i rebooted my device and left it for a while..
Then i tried it again and it works. Probably i was just missing a command like you said...

Yes. Umm.. where's the normal location? I can't find it..

A bit off topic but i can't upload the ubuntu.png file to tinypic..Kinda strange because the other images work..
I keep getting "Upload Failed! Uploaded 0 of 1. An error occurred while uploading the file" Any idea why?
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable

The Following User Says Thank You to juandp77 For This Useful Post:
Depending on your theme, it should be found at

/usr/share/themes/ThemeName/images

Concerning the upload. Have you opened the image on the n900 itself to verify the image is not corrupt or something?

Juandp77 i tried ubuntu, it works flawless, keyboard works perfect/behaves like on maemo OS.., but i have an issue on fedora keyboard, up down, left and right, function didnt work on fedora, how do i fix them? Thanks mate

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
@anthonie

I believe that xephwm5 could help to get keyboard focus on arch and fedora, i'm trying to port it in arch but I got so many troubles with lack of lib in arch so i'm trying to use plubox insted of archmobile.

Meanwhile I think that its important to put xephm5 into the scripts for ubuntu, I've tested and works fine for me the problem its that I got ubuntu with his own custom folder so I don't know if ot will work with shared folder, so I ask you if you could test this please, I will provide instructions

Last edited by juandp77; 2010-12-09 at 15:56.

To get keyboard focus on fedora or maybe on arch, copy set-focus on /usr/bin and qobi-wmhint-fix on sbin, dont forget to chmod that 2 files... Im just noticed that and it works for me..

The Following User Says Thank You to stalker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
@anthonie

I believe that xephwm5 could help to get keyboard focus on arch and fedora, i'm trying to port it in arch but I got so many troubles with lack of lib in arch so i'm trying to use plubox insted of archmobile.
Testing alternatives is always good, but I would like to spend some more time to see if we can solve the problem in ArchMob first. What dependency problem were you running into?

Also, I did read up a bit on the set-focus problem, but I stopped looking further after you posted that you would upload a new image. Perhaps you could give me some pointers?

Meanwhile I think that its important to put xephm5 into the scripts for ubuntu, I've tested and works fine for me the problem its that I got ubuntu with his own custom folder so I don't know if ot will work with shared folder, so I ask you if you could test this please
I am not exactly sure that I understand what you mean by "shared folder" and thus what you want me to test. But after you explain, of course I am willing to test

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Depending on your theme, it should be found at

/usr/share/themes/ThemeName/images

Concerning the upload. Have you opened the image on the n900 itself to verify the image is not corrupt or something?
Hmm you're right.. Juandp, i think the ubuntu image is corrupted..

Do you mind uploading a new one?

But the strange thing is that it's only corrupted in N900, i can open it w/o problem in my PC... But i still can't upload it though..