@.@ ok this is odd... I flashed my device, reinstalled everything now I can't boot ubuntu without R&D mode... the device would just say
booting from ubuntu (mmcblk0p5 ext3)
ok now what? T_T
R&D mode needs to be disabled to boot but when enabled whether I put my script or extend the interval of the default watchdog.conf the device reboots itself now...
If my mind is working right it seems like the device won't get to the point where it reads all my script. The watchdog just timesout on bootmenu.
Any ideas?

may it be that this partition is gone?
----
booting from ubuntu (mmcblk0p5 ext3) <---
---

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
@.@ ok this is odd... I flashed my device, reinstalled everything now I can't boot ubuntu without R&D mode... the device would just say

ok now what? T_T
R&D mode needs to be disabled to boot but when enabled whether I put my script or extend the interval of the default watchdog.conf the device reboots itself now...
If my mind is working right it seems like the device won't get to the point where it reads all my script. The watchdog just timesout on bootmenu.
Any ideas?

I have repartitioned again the device and put ubuntu into it... I can see it through df... Also since I mounted it I can also see it on my file manager,,,
Also it boots when R&D mode is disabled

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2010-12-08 at 09:57.

wow. put the framebuffer on and some logging. better even if you have some serial console. too get a hint why it crashes.

I have repartitioned again the device and put ubuntu into it... I can see it through df... Also since I mounted it I can also see it on my file manager,,,
Also it boots when R&D mode is disabled

Hmm I have also U-Boot installed.. as of I know it has an option to use serial console right? I'm not in a place to reflash my n900 atm as I have no tools... not at home

Do you know by any chance any kernel which has framebuffer or at least can fbcon be insmod?

it has. but...
but ali disabled it for some other issues(iirc usb driver, tradeoff with another usecase) in the version he originally made public together with an explanation how to enable it.
now i do not know if the version that maemo has, has it still disabled or enabled.
search for the thread in which ali anounces his n900 driver patches for uboot for details.

Hmm I have also U-Boot installed.. as of I know it has an option to use serial console right? I'm not in a place to reflash my n900 atm as I have no tools... not at home

Do you know by any chance any kernel which has framebuffer or at least can fbcon be insmod?

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
Ok thanks! Will do later on if there's no alternative to it I guess I should halt this for the mean time and switch over to easy debian...

Ok another update... I just forgot to tell you that I copied /lib/modules/* and /lib/firmware/* of power kernel v45 which has u-boot installed... Do you think that makes a conflict?

There are a lot of posts here to sort through. has anyone successfully gotten ubuntu 10.10 installed as a bootable option on the n900?

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
can somebody post guide to install ubuntu. with power kernel

Last edited by raaj13; 2010-12-10 at 15:55.

Tags
bada rox