Active Topics

Hi I know there is a way, can someone inform me how you stop media player listing every file, i.e. sat nav sounds?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown

Please set yourself on fire!

Use the search function on this site, trust me it's cool, it gives you answers for many many many questions, and people do not need to open such topics in every 10 minute like this.

/home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg

You're welcome.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Necc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
ehehe....some people don`t know how to use it....especially if the answer is hidden inside a thread...page.47....it`s too much work for them.

there is a tracker application thats easier to use, its call tracker cfg just search it in the application manager.

thanks paddy.

Sorry to the losers that were offended cos i don't use the search function.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
Suuuuure, *WE* are the loosers and not you

The Following User Says Thank You to Necc For This Useful Post:
how do you actually search for something on page 47 of a 100 page thread?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
It has been pointed out in other threads (usually halfway down on page 47) that Google's "Advanced Search" page is more effective at locating information in the maemo.org site than the site's search function.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Even Google doesn't know that the answer is found on "page 47 of a thread". The usual operating procedure is to search for threads covering the topic in question and READ through them. But some people are too lazy/impatient to read through a longish thread and instead do one of (or even both of!):
  • post at the end of the thread: "I'm too lazy to read through the thread please post answer again"
  • start a new thread

Don't feel bad for asking the question, next time please use the search as some members seem to take a question personally.

Anyway,
files that are placed in a folder called "private" will not be picked up by apps that scan for media like video's images or music.

For blocking out sat nav sounds you would be best using the tracker application, but for other media files you dont want scanned (sketch drawings ect) you could use the "private" folder.