Active Topics

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
I have done the above. The functions inside the script are all executable as a user. i have done a full walkthrough of the script before i started the actual coding process. I just checked them all again and they work just fine if individual commands are given.

Secondly I rebooted 2 times already and still the icon still exists... I do not know what is the issue regarding. and really wish that you could assist me in cleaning this up without the need to format...
Well without the actual code, I'm just guessing..

as root you can use the find command to search for your scripts maybe you left something back there. eg:
Code:
find / -name *partOfTheScriptName*
Other common mistake is the:
case $selection in
0) exit ;;
notice the double semicolon

This is what i did in my device to manage mounting and unmounting a "cryptedfile.tc" located in my SD card:

1 - Create the "cryptedfile.tc" and move it to your SD card (it may also be MyDocs or other folder)

2 - Install Truecrypt Disk Encryption (command line) from the repos

3 - Create the empty folder /media/mycrypt

4 - Create the following script in /usr/bin:

Code:
/usr/bin/truecrypt --protect-hidden=no -k= /media/mmc1/cryptedfile.tc /media/mycrypt
ossofilemanager
/usr/bin/truecrypt --dismount /media/mycrypt
(replace /media/mmc1/cryptedfile.tc if the location off the crypted file is different)

5 - Create the file tcrypt.desktop in /usr/share/applications/hildon with the following contents:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Name=Tcrypt
GenericName=Tcrypt access
Comment=Access tcrypt
Exec=osso-xterm "/usr/bin/tcrypt"
Icon=tcrypt
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
Terminal=true
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Categories=ConsoleOnly;System;
6 - Create a 48x48 png icon named tcrypt.png and move it to /home/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon.
I used the easycrypt icon

Whenever i need to use the crypt file i go to the applications menu and i select the truecrytp icon.
When x-terminal opens i input the crypt password and then filemanager opens with mycrypt mounted and ready for use.
As long as i keep filemanager running mycrypt remains mounted.
As soon as i close filemanger mycrypt folder is automatically unmounted.

The Following User Says Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Well without the actual code, I'm just guessing..

as root you can use the find command to search for your scripts maybe you left something back there. eg:
Code:
find / -name *partOfTheScriptName*
Other common mistake is the:
case $selection in
0) exit ;;
notice the double semicolon
My bad about the icon... I had pasted the following .desktop file in 2 different locations. I realised after connecting through ssh and got the icon removed now. phew. But the script code, is still drivin me nuts. I am really not getting as to why is it still cranky on the permissions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (714 Bytes, 83 views)

Originally Posted by sacal View Post
This is what i did in my device to manage mounting and unmounting a "cryptedfile.tc" located in my SD card:

1 - Create the "cryptedfile.tc" and move it to your SD card (it may also be MyDocs or other folder)

2 - Install Truecrypt Disk Encryption (command line) from the repos

3 - Create the empty folder /media/mycrypt

4 - Create the following script in /usr/bin:

Code:
/usr/bin/truecrypt --protect-hidden=no -k= /media/mmc1/cryptedfile.tc /media/mycrypt
ossofilemanager
/usr/bin/truecrypt --dismount /media/mycrypt
(replace /media/mmc1/cryptedfile.tc if the location off the crypted file is different)

5 - Create the file tcrypt.desktop in /usr/share/applications/hildon with the following contents:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Name=Tcrypt
GenericName=Tcrypt access
Comment=Access tcrypt
Exec=osso-xterm "/usr/bin/tcrypt"
Icon=tcrypt
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
Terminal=true
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Categories=ConsoleOnly;System;
6 - Create a 48x48 png icon named tcrypt.png and move it to /home/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon.
I used the easycrypt icon

Whenever i need to use the crypt file i go to the applications menu and i select the truecrytp icon.
When x-terminal opens i input the crypt password and then filemanager opens with mycrypt mounted and ready for use.
As long as i keep filemanager running mycrypt remains mounted.
As soon as i close filemanger mycrypt folder is automatically unmounted.
Now this is what i call scripting..heehee... Awesome man.. but i really gotta get my first script to work so that I can learn more about linux scripting and make my device a powerhouse of scripts :P

BTW,What is a .tc file?Is it a TrueCrypt container file?

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
..... BTW,What is a .tc file?Is it a TrueCrypt container file?
Yes. It is a 2gb container.
I have the same file in all my windows and linux machines with all the confidential docs and info i may need.
Before N900 i used to carry a pen with the crypted container and a portable app to access it.
I needed to find a pc for that but now, with a computer that makes calls in my pocket, i can do it anywhere.

Originally Posted by sacal View Post
Yes. It is a 2gb container.
I have the same file in all my windows and linux machines with all the confidential docs and info i may need.
Before N900 i used to carry a pen with the crypted container and a portable app to access it.
I needed to find a pc for that but now, with a computer that makes calls in my pocket, i can do it anywhere.
I know whatyou mean as I am having a 1GB Container on my MicroSD 8 GB. Just trying to develop a script which i can call as my own personal achievement :P. Well I really would need to add a 7 minute dimount timer or something :P as i tend to beforgetful at times.

EUREKA. Finally got it working.

Follow this link for the complete setup procedure
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...975#post893975

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2010-12-10 at 12:45.