Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
let me try this and report back

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
as pointed out here

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
all fixed and booting, reporting right with kernel-config show when i select power at boot

embarasingly simple i guess the new flasher wasnt there to be run without the upgrade ... i get it easy cos of multiboot i think, i could boot into standard kernel still, if you can get into maemo id try doing the above cos youll need the new kernel power flasher
Nope, that didn`t work..........and this:

) Download kernel-power_2.6.28-maemo42_armel.deb from the repository.
2) Extract the fiasco image (I used 7-zip in windows)
3) Extract the kernel from the fiasco image with the flasher (In windows, flasher-3.5.exe -F name_of_file.fiasco -u)
4) Renamed the resulting zImage file to vmlinuz-2.6.28.10power42
5) Copy this file to /boot/multiboot
6) Copied /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-kernel-power40 to 02-Maemo-kernel-power42
7) Edited the new file to point to the new kernel
8) Reboot.

......Bricked my device

dont think all that is entirely nessisary tbh, after your reflash id try doing it through package manager and see what dependancies get pulled down with it.

also...
lets use the other thread as were in danger of an unholy crosspost http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39753&page=501

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-10 at 03:50.

Relax guys, that was an easy one. Just flash ur kernel image. It doesnt flash ur rootfs just ur kernel, all of ur applications will remain intact... Search and download zImage.bin then flash ur kernel using this code,

flasher-3.5.exe -k zImage.bin -f -R

or you can try this one using ur n900 firmware image

flasher-3.5.exe -F firmwareimage --flash-only=kernel -f -R

cheer up guys!!!

Last edited by stalker; 2010-11-10 at 04:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stalker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nokia7Linux View Post
Hi ,, I installed Nitdroid today using the Auto installer,, I previously installed older versions using the manual version

Now I'm able to boot to Nitdroid, but not to Maemo!!

Any one may please help as fast as possible

Please I don't want to reflash my roofts
Hey Nokia7Linux,

I had the same problem.

Do you have the normal kenel installed? You should normall have it. It is the Maemo-2.6.28-omap1. It should appear in the same time than the kerne-power boot option.

1. chose option1 (for Maemo-2.6.28-omap1) at boot up
2. on Xterminal after gaining root.
type apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg (bootimg not booting)
3. apt-get remove multiboot-kernel-power
4. and then apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power

It should work after that.

What happen is when you probably upgraded you handset if you did (may be by xterminal) it installed kernel-power-bootimg but after that you still need to reinstall multiboot-kernel-power after removing it first.

Hope it helps. Let me know.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yanness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yanness View Post
Hey Nokia7Linux,

I had the same problem.

Do you have the normal kenel installed? You should normall have it. It is the Maemo-2.6.28-omap1. It should appear in the same time than the kerne-power boot option.

1. chose option1 (for Maemo-2.6.28-omap1) at boot up
2. on Xterminal after gaining root.
type apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg (bootimg not booting)
3. apt-get remove multiboot-kernel-power
4. and then apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power

It should work after that.

What happen is when you probably upgraded you handset if you did (may be by xterminal) it installed kernel-power-bootimg but after that you still need to reinstall multiboot-kernel-power after removing it first.

Hope it helps. Let me know.
Thank you very much yanness!
I followed your steps, and after that i also installed enhanced linux kernel for power users from app manager and it worked!! I can now boot at omap1, at power46 and nitdroid without any problem! Thanks again!

Hi guys ! I have a problem similar at Nokia7Linux, I can't boot on nitdroid AND maemo...
When I press S in multiboot menu, I have a access to shell.
What should I do please ?

Sorry for my bad english

I had the same problem yesterday too, I ended up reflashing 1.3 manually and reinstalling all my programs again. Start out with fapman (faster application manager, for the GUI-users) and then tick all items you want installed from there. Did it all in once, ran out of free space on rootfs so got a couple of broken packages, fixed that and was back online in about an hour (after I found out my reboot-loop was caused by an almost-empty battery). with all my data intact. Even the settings from programs I reinstalled were still there . I had access to the shell too, but was unable to fix anything from there because of the inability to use the FN-arrow. So while you can access the filesystem from there out, I haven't actually found any use for it yet, because even numbers are untypable (is that spelled correctly?)