Active Topics

Does anyone has any experienced using WiMax on Clear? I downloaded the "clearwire-wimax settings" from extras and attempted. Now I see the network, but when attempting to connect all I have is a flashing wireless icon that reads "Clearwire-wimax"

Originally Posted by saruji View Post
Does anyone has any experienced using WiMax on Clear? I downloaded the "clearwire-wimax settings" from extras and attempted. Now I see the network, but when attempting to connect all I have is a flashing wireless icon that reads "Clearwire-wimax"
I've been using my N810 on Clear for about a year. It was previously set up for XOHM, and I tried everything I could to get it to find Clear. What I finally had to do was re-install it from scratch using the Internet Tablet updater. After that, scanning would find Clear and I could connect. I had originally tried to install the clearwire-wimax settings, but that did nothing for me. Perhaps a re-install will work for you as well.

Be aware that the WiMAX antenna on the N810 isn't that great. So you'll need to have pretty good signal before you'll be able to connect. And the second thing to keep in mind is that Clear's login site doesn't work with MicroB; you can't click the "Login" button for some reason. You'll only run into this when you connect the first time, or if you switch between your N810 and another WiMAX device using the same login/password. The solution to this is to keep Firefox around and use that to log in to Clear when you need to.

All that said, I ran a speedtest this morning and got 3MB/0.5MB at about 60% signal, which is pretty good for such an old slow device