Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Emmeloord, Netherlands
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I think you have the VW premium car kit which works via "Remote Sim Access Protocol"(RSAP) and not with "Hands Free Protocol" (HFP).
RSAP is not supported by N900 (and quite a lot of other mobiles).
I've the newest PREMIUM car kit. It supports / can choose between rSAP - UHV. It should be compatible with all BT Phones.....

Originally Posted by BerryV View Post
I've the newest PREMIUM car kit. It supports / can choose between rSAP - UHV. It should be compatible with all BT Phones.....
Ahh okay did not know, my parents vw premium carkit does only support RSAP.
Originally Posted by Quindor View Post
Sadly, no support to use them in combination. I had a thread about this in the beginning of the N900 coming out, this being a nokia phone, I would have hoped they would at least support their own protocols... sadly no....

Bad call Nokia. Don't build carkits with protocols no one supports (except some symbian implementations which where often broken too).....
...]
There was a patch in bluez mailing list recently to add rSAP support from this side and it is on the ofono todo list. So probably it will be supported in meego (and maybe someone skilled adds it to maemo).

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hey folks!

I want to try the latest obex library as stated in the WIKI (see first post on this thread), and the WIKI says you have to downgrade to original state if previous versions of the project are on your phone (which is the case with me). However, the call of

Code:
apt-get remove openobex-apps
doesn't work - it gives the error "no package openobex-apps" found.

What shall I do?

TIA to all!

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
it depends on what other obex like packages you have installed in the past. If you've upgraded to pr1.3 it is probably save to install the latest packages from the wiki.

If you alreade installed a previous obexd2 package you can just upgrade to the latest obexd2 package.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Emmeloord, Netherlands
I solved my problem by downloading the newest software form Nokia and depackaging the installed files again. Now everything works fine again. The RNS 510 synchronize with the N900 so I can see my contacts on the display in the car. I also hear the one I call through the speakers. Everything works fine again!!!

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
Thanks to everyone for getting this to work!

Mercedes Audio 50 APS seems to work (I have added it to the wiki page), although I have to tell it to "Import Contacts" -- it doesn't seem to find them automatically. I may experiment some more to see if this is different with other phones.

By the way, looking at the hcidump output in wireshark I noticed a bug: in some circumstances the vcard has an N: line with only one ";". This is wrong -- every N: line must always have exactly four semicolons. I haven't been able to work out what circumstances cause it -- I have some contacts which are formatted like that but I haven't been able to create any new ones which format like that.

Which code creates the vcard itself? Is it part of this project or part of the N900 contacts code?

Graham

Greetings!!

I might be missing the point?, but is there a simple (exe.) type of install to get this to work, or is it something that only the brave should attempt, or risk sodding up their beloved N900?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
@Graham: the vcards are generated by the addressbook code of the n900. The obexd daemon requests the vcards from there and transfers them to your carkit. So if you think the N: filed is wrong, this is caused by the n900 addressbook server.

@andrew_1967: There is nothing to be brave about. The wiki (see post 1 in this thread) clearly states how to install the 2 needed packages.

Hello again.

I must be the dumbest guy on here! I've checked your "Wiki" and to be frank, it went straight over my head.
I have placed the two files in a folder in the phones memory, but if I search using file manager, when I access either file, I get a message saying that the file can not be installed due to an "incompatible application package"
I'm sorry to sound dumb, but can anyone help using plain english for those of us not quite so swithed on please.
I.E. can this be done through Nokia PC Suite mode, or do I select "Mass Storage"
What the heck is "Root Run"? and how do I know if I have installed whatever needs installing, where it should be installed?

God I Feel Old!!!!!!

Here's hoping!

Kind regards.

Andrew.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Originally Posted by andrew_1967 View Post
I.E. can this be done through Nokia PC Suite mode, or do I select "Mass Storage"
What the heck is "Root Run"? and how do I know if I have installed whatever needs installing, where it should be installed?
Hi.
Sorry for my english...
Root run means you're boot as Root, as system admin. You'll need to install rootsh before: be carefull, you'll be able to do "everything" in your N900...
To place the 2 .deb in a folder, you can use the app Filebox, with more access (you can be "root") than the original file manager, or you can use "Winscp" on your computer with "Open ssh" installed on your phone, for exemple, with wifi connexion.
If it's well done, your phone contact list will sync with your carkit everytime they'll connect together.
Hope you'll understand everything!
And don't feel old, I'm from 1966...

Last edited by cevenn; 2010-11-25 at 00:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to cevenn For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile