Notices

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Hi, is there any way or aplication to group phone numbers digits, it's more readible if phone numbers digits are in groups like that;

333 444 5566

Because N900 simply put the numbers without any spaces;

3334445566 (How many 3s and 4s are there?)

That way is confuse, even walking and more when trying reading numbers while driving.

And the size of the font is too small, we need get big font size in Contacts app.

Thanks

Last edited by hgroove; 2010-11-22 at 22:50.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
you shouldn't handle the phone while driving..it poses threats to yourself and the people around you..lol!

for fonts, you can install theme customizer, and select the font size..

but for the grouping, i'm not sure about it

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
you shouldn't handle the phone while driving..it poses threats to yourself and the people around you..lol!

for fonts, you can install theme customizer, and select the font size..

but for the grouping, i'm not sure about it
That,s right, i use a holder in the car and even co-pilot can't easily read that phone numbers.

I use theme customizer but affects all fonts in the phone.

keep thinking grouping phone numbers digits is not only a desireble feature, but a necessary option.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
The N900 doesn't allow spaces (or hyphens or brackets) in phone numbers, unfortunately.

You could try exporting all you contacts to vcf files and the edit each one to manually add the spaces then import them back. I've no idea if that would work and I don't know if the phone app would be thrown by a space. Try with one contact and see what happens.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by hgroove View Post
That,s right, i use a holder in the car and even co-pilot can't easily read that phone numbers.

I use theme customizer but affects all fonts in the phone.

keep thinking grouping phone numbers digits is not only a desireble feature, but a necessary option.
Another way is to modify the gtkrc file directly and tweak the relevant font size.

If everything is set up and working correctly you should find the gtkrc file here:
/usr/share/themes/default/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

"default" should be a symlink to the relevant theme directory in .../themes but if not just replace 'default' with the appropriate directory.

The gtkrc files are generally quite large with many hundreds of options available - but search for 'Font definitions' (or just "font_name") and you'll be on the right path.

Generally you'll have to reboot to see the changes.

Add a bug to the bug tracker for the contacts app, assuming there isn't already one there for this particularly annoying "feature"

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Spaces can go in the number field, and they will dial successfully - I got one from importing a vcf mms sent from an iPhone. Somebody was just over-keen with the input field validation in the contacts app.
So the API that fMMS uses will accept whitespace - maybe somebody can write an app or a shell script to auto-reformat existing entries.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post: