Notices

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Actually, my benchmark is the Price/km column. Below 0,10 is okay (even if it hurts). The maths is quickly done: Price * 10 < Trip?

I didn't follow the consumption / economy discussion - never saw it discussed to be honest. As long as I remember it was fuel consumption (super trump card games - anyone?). As in the US two different units are used (miles and gallons), my math never crossed the Atlantic.

icke

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by alfa2536 View Post
km/l used to be the unit to measure fuel econonmy of a car similar to the miles/gallon. Many metric countries changed the method of using fuel consumption instead of fuel econonmy. Fuel consumption is measured in l/100km. I find it more useful and easier to determine how much gas and money I will use on a trip if I know the average km/l for a car. Many of the mileage programs I used before do have the options to choose between km/l and l/100km. It's great if you are able to include this in the next update. Otherwise, it's not a big deal, it's a great program as it is. Thanks.
I'll certainly consider adding km/l but it is not as straight forward as it might sound due to some design decisions I have made. But everything is possible, just takes a little more effort.

I have only 19 years of driving experience and I have had my own car about 17 years. I also remember my father always keeping track of the fuel consumption before my own tracking. I never heard anyone using km/l, always l/100 km. And we always used the term fuel consumption (in Finnish, of course), not fuel economy or something similar to mileage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
Enough testing: 0.82 is now in extras repository and also in maemo.org Downloads section http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/fuelpad/.
jlu,

I built fuelpad binary on Ubuntu (on x86) and with some changes to debian/rules, I was able to build a package as well that installs (not cleanly) on Ubuntu Intrepid and works as well. There are lintian errors but I can clean those up. The package tries to add fuelpad to maemo menu which obviously does not exist on Ubuntu. With some tweaking, it should be possible to build a clean Ubuntu and Debian package for fuelpad if you are interested. I can upload the package to Debian as well since I am a Debian developer.

Originally Posted by khalid View Post
jlu,

I built fuelpad binary on Ubuntu (on x86) and with some changes to debian/rules, I was able to build a package as well that installs (not cleanly) on Ubuntu Intrepid and works as well. There are lintian errors but I can clean those up. The package tries to add fuelpad to maemo menu which obviously does not exist on Ubuntu. With some tweaking, it should be possible to build a clean Ubuntu and Debian package for fuelpad if you are interested. I can upload the package to Debian as well since I am a Debian developer.
Hi khalid,

I am very much interested! I use Ubuntu (64 bit) myself and during the development I have actually run fuelpad on it. Can I contact you by e-mail a little later (I am a bit in a hurry now)?

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
I just noticed a critical bug in reminder event editing. Editing an event puts the database in such a state that you can't start Fuelpad any more. If you think that you have corrupted your database in such a way, you can send the database file to me and I can fix it manually. The default database location is /home/user/MyDocs/fuelpad.db. In File manager, this is the root directory.

Before I'll have the time to fix this, please do not edit reminders with version 0.80 (0.70 and before work)!
jlu,

I had a problem with my database. I'm running 0.82, so I am not sure if it is because I added a reminder, or because I had to fsck after an error on my external SD card (I was copying a movie to the NIT and it reset in mid-copy), but my fuelpad.db file is corrupted. I open fuelpad, and it comes up with no data, even after I open the database by name.

I tried PMing and emailing you to ask about this, The email from garage.maemo.org bounced. What are the steps to recover the database?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Lisbon, Portugal
jlu, kudos for the great app, mate!

I have no requests or bugs to report - it has what I want, and how I want it from that kind of app.

Congratulations, keep up the great work, it is surely appreciated

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi jlu,

Thanks a lot for the application. I find it really nice.

If I'm not wrong your application doesn't have the configuration for osso-backup.
If true, please consider including a config file so that the db is included when using the backup system...

Some info: http://maemo.org/maemo_release_docum...00000000000000

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
If I'm not wrong your application doesn't have the configuration for osso-backup.
If true, please consider including a config file so that the db is included when using the backup system...
You are right, it does not. Thanks for the tip. It is one of the things that I consider to be needed before I can bump the version up to 1.0.

Thanks again.
Thanks!

I'll take this opportunity to tell you something that I have done lately with fuelpad. I have started porting to Fremantle. The code compiles and I have changed all the menus to the new finger friendly ones. Right now I am working with the settings menu, which at first sight seems to be the hardest to change to the new style. I might get at least an alpha version out at about the same time when the first N900s are delivered. I am not going to add any new features to the diablo version before I complete the Fremantle port. However, I am not sure if I am going to buy an N900 at least right away since I have quite a new E51, which I am quite happy with.

Julius

The Following User Says Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
I started looking into this and I noticed that the data in /home/user/MyDocs is included automatically in the backup. The default location of the database is /home/user/MyDocs (in the Diablo and earlier versions of Fuelpad) and even though Fuelpad does not have a backup configuration file, the database is backed up.

The Fremantle version will change the default location to /home/user and therefore I am adding the backup configuration.

hi, great app btw, can u upload file with language, or tell me where to find it, i would like to try make czech translation, thx

Tags
car, fuel, fuelpad, not official