Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
I recently reflashed my N900 wth PR1.3.

I am trying to set up my nokia messaging again but is not listed in the list of service providers in email setup.

Previously the solution was to insert a working AT&T sim in and it would appear again. But after this flash i am not seeing Nokia messaging even with AT&T sim in.

Any advice?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
I recently reflashed my N900 wth PR1.3.

I am trying to set up my nokia messaging again but is not listed in the list of service providers in email setup.

Previously the solution was to insert a working AT&T sim in and it would appear again. But after this flash i am not seeing Nokia messaging even with AT&T sim in.

Any advice?
did you reflash with the global firmware?

No I reflashed with the USA firmware. Will reflashing with the Global firmware fix the issue?
Will Nokia Messaging appear in the US with the t-mobile US sim card in running global PR1.3?

Where do i get Nokia Messaging from?? I dont have it on mine...

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Yeah, I would try the global firmware, but did you flash the emmc as well?

Change your location from the list (where you begin the setup for accounts)
I had the same problem with Gmail. It wasn't in the list for my country, but when I selected USA, it came up.

Yes I flashed the emmc too.
Trying other country servers did not seem to work for me. Before I try reflashing with the global firmware. Does anyone know which specific countries worked on t-mobile USA ?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Just FYI, I had this problem; it is very annoying. Eventually it solved itself. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact solution. I think it does have to do with what you use to reflash with. At one point, I got the Nokia software from an Asian Nokia site which I found by Googling. Sorry I can't be more specific -- this was maybe six months ago.

Probably AT&T also blocking now. Try dummy simcard.
And yes T-mobile USA blocking Nokia messaging too. I used my old AT&T simcard that was disconnected from service to sign in.

I have a South African sim that says "Sim registration failed" when I put it in the phone. I thought that would work but no luck.
Do the dummy sim's you guys are using also say "sim registration failed"?