Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
what exactly causes the N800 to crash after being flashed? as far as I know I have the newest firmware, but mine still crashes and renders my internal card corrupt. It doesn't seem to affect the external card. The biggest downside is that it refuses to turn on for roughly 8 hours after that point, no matter what I do. And whatever "state" it's in consumes battery life, because any time it comes back from the dead, it has no energy left. I wanna get my system cloned to an sd card as fast as possible so I don't have to go through all the reflashing and crashing... hopefully, booting from SD will not only eliminate crashing, but prove as a valuable back up function, so I can just (hopefully) drag and drop the installation to my desktop for easy backup and restoration....hopefully.

Have you installed anything (i.e. it may be this that is making it crash)?

Can you pull the battery out after a crash and then reboot in less than 8 hours?

I don't see how I can take the battery out. I have tried everything I can think of, and there are no actual instructions on where I should grab, push, pull or press...

does the brand of the sd card matter? I seem to do ok without any internal sd card... still have random crashes, but it functions overall much better. I do have a 3rd party brand and was considering buying a couple of kingston cards... not sure what else could cause this issue...

I DID, however, figure out how to remove the battery. They really don't leave room there for you to just simply pull it out, you have to have fingernails or a small knife or something...

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain pulling it out.

Not sure about the card causing problems. Anyone else have any thoughts?

ok, this is where I stand at the moment. I have reflashed this tablet about 5 times today. I still get repeated reboots when m SD card is internal. When it is external, it reboots randomly, but no where near as often as internal. When internal, the SD card is not recognized by the OS. Am I doing something wrong, or does this tablet just not like my SD card? Could it be a hardware problem on the end of the tablet? I have bought this same card for my GP2X, my camera and MP3 player and everything else seems to work fine with it. Haven't tried any of the other cards I have for my other devices on it just yet, but I'm not sure if I want to. Anyone have ANY thoughts on this?

Try this https://garage.maemo.org/projects/seatbelt/ and get back to me i'd like to see if it helps the n800 as much as the 770 and i need a willing lab rodent. cheers

oop i forgot you want an understanding to learn whats happening seach
OOM killer

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by smackpotato View Post
Try this https://garage.maemo.org/projects/seatbelt/ and get back to me i'd like to see if it helps the n800 as much as the 770 and i need a willing lab rodent. cheers
I guess I'll give it a shot.

lab rat #2 here, just installed it and will get back to you on how it performs...