Active Topics

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Is is stable? I think i found the cause of my disappearing widgets was, unfortunately, desktop clock widget, so now i'm pretty cautious about widgets especially with the flipclock one as it's actually about 7.

Here's my updated mixed screen, wallpaper from D4rklar, top row is tools - stellarium, x term, conky and GeePS, middle 2 rows are games and desktop switcher widget, and bottom row is QBW stuff for OCing, profile switching, cellular/wifi strength, uptime and rootfs
hy I like your image Icons that for OC status, wifi. can I request that I just need it for Queen beecon.

thanx sorry If I bothered you and my english so bad

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
If one could label them icons, they sure are quite big: 800x400,

I use the Desktop Switcher, written by Nicolai. I did not like to have my switching icons to clutter the available screenspace, so I decided to go for the more drastic, more permanent solution to integrate the graphics into the wallpaper. Luckily Desktop Switcher allows you to either change the icon graphic or make the icon transparent.

Which does make me think that I should ask Nicolai for the folder location of the configuration file where the position of the icons are stored.

That was a long answer to say yes, if you want but perhaps itīs easier to let me fix the whole thing first so I can share the conf-file for the Desktop Switcher as well...
desktop switcher icons are in opt/usr/pixmaps

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
hy I like your image Icons that for OC status, wifi. can I request that I just need it for Queen beecon.

thanx sorry If I bothered you and my english so bad
Sure, which do you want, all of them or just OC and wifi?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
desktop switcher icons are in opt/usr/pixmaps
I know. I was referring to the fact that the "icon" is integrated in or part of the wallpaper. On top is a transparent Desktop Switcher widget that provides the functionality. But the image itself is part of the background. This setup allows an easy way to make clear what desktop is active, without actually having to refer to using numbers or screenshots from the other desktops.

Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
I know. I was referring to the fact that the "icon" is integrated in or part of the wallpaper. On top is a transparent Desktop Switcher widget that provides the functionality. But the image itself is part of the background. This setup allows an easy way to make clear what desktop is active, without actually having to refer to using numbers or screenshots from the other desktops.
I don't understand what you mean.
Desktop switcher by nicolai is a big blue square with numbers in it. There's another desktop selector widget that shows off each screen's background, but they're different widgets

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Livingston
Used to change my backgrounds and icons frequently but have seemed to settle with this set up for a while now. Remember seeing it used on this thread a while back and have customised a few icons.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eno1eno For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I don't understand what you mean.
Desktop switcher by nicolai is a big blue square with numbers in it. There's another desktop selector widget that shows off each screen's background, but they're different widgets
Ok. Few different things here.

The blue icon is set to complete transparency. That way, what is below the formerly blue icon, the desktop, serves as the reference point for the widget that is on top of it. Best to show it.

I have four desktops, the fourth one, visible by the icon, is active, hence I need three switchers to reach every possible desktop. The widget for desktop 1 is fully visible in this screenshot, for number two half visible and for number three just slightly.

Now, nicolai's icon can be replaced of course, but there is no active state indicator. Hence this solution. Al be it a somewhat ugly hack, it does help me to keep my desktop clean and uncluttered, a.k.a. to minimize chaos, of which I have plenty.

Last edited by anthonie; 2010-11-19 at 21:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Sure, which do you want, all of them or just OC and wifi?

thanx, if not too bother. all I want.

sorry

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Romania
My Nokia N900 Desktops

Last edited by Alb3rtO; 2010-11-20 at 12:35.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alb3rtO For This Useful Post:
guys i know this might be stupid, but where do i find the changing sms messages look thread, i have the files, i know where to copy them, but there is already files with the same name in /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html should i replace them ?

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell