Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by karniv0re View Post
I extracted the following files from neopwn tar.gz and moved them to to a folder "pinject" under /opt/
compat.ko
rfkill_backport.ko
cfg80211.ko
mac80211.ko
wl1251.ko
wl1251_spi.ko

I then wrote a script, named it as on-mod.sh, that contained the following:
#!bin/bash
rmmod wl12xx
rmmod mac80211
rmmod cfg80211
insmod compat.ko
insmod rfkill_backport.ko
insmod cfg80211.ko
insmod mac80211.ko
insmod wl1251.ko
insmod wl1251_spi.ko

when i run this, the wl12xx is unloaded (since i cant see any wireless networks in my select connection panel), however i get the following errors:
insmod error inserting 'compat.ko': -1 invalid module format
insmod error inserting 'rfkill_backport.ko': -1 invalid module format
insmod error inserting 'cfg80211.ko': -1 invalid module format
insmod error inserting 'mac80211.ko': -1 invalid module format
insmod error inserting 'wl1251.ko': -1 invalid module format
insmod error inserting 'wl1251_spi.ko': -1 invalid module format

What am i doing wrong?? I can work my way around linux and have done a bit of work with aircrack, but this has me stumped.

I have *NOT* used any of the other files from the neopwn tar.gz. The following files were also present in the folder:
kernel-power_2.6.28-maemo40-wl1_armel.deb
kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-maemo40-wl1_armel.deb
kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-maemo40-wl1_armel.deb

I just need packet injection to work without the whole neopwn suite... Any help here??
on the script itself, try including "cd /opt/pinject/"

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
on the script itself, try including "cd /opt/pinject/"
I tried what you said.. Its not working.. In fact even when I try to do command by command I get the same errors. I searched around the Internet and found references to the drivers not being compiled for the kernel on which you are trying to install. I still dont get what the whole thing means..

Sigh.

You have to be using the NeoPwn kernel as NONE of the other ones, available to 99% of you users has compat-wireless backported into it.

YOU NEED THE NEOPWN KERNEL TO USE THE NEOPWN INJECTION DRIVERS. What is so hard to understand about that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Guy's , Any Link to download the NeoPwn ?

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Sigh.

You have to be using the NeoPwn kernel as NONE of the other ones, available to 99% of you users has compat-wireless backported into it.

YOU NEED THE NEOPWN KERNEL TO USE THE NEOPWN INJECTION DRIVERS. What is so hard to understand about that?
because i didn't know that before..and thx btw..

where can i download it? i looked everywhere on neopwn.com and google and there is no download.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
So I wanted to ask this question one more time before I install, because it's chroot OS, it shouldn't matter what version firmware/kernel of Maemo i'm running on? I've heard reports of injection not working with the Power Kernel and just wanted to verify.

Thanks

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
... so if injection isn't working without the backtrack kernel, i would say that is the definition of it "mattering" what kernel you use.

the injection works only with the power-kernel v40..as hawaii stated,

Sigh.

so, we either need to backport the compat-wireless to latest power-kernel, or multiboot or uboot..

however, i'm yet to find out how to make it boot with uboot..no idea actually..lol