Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
i enabled lua and imlib2 recently, if you want to test just install those two dependencies manually. i don't think i can enable cairo, although cairo can support opengl or qt as an output device, conky is built with that stuff missing. i'd have to take the cairo source and find what we need there, do something with tolua++, and then patch conky again to use the new functions. i really don't understand anything i just said, so don't expect me to do that right now

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Just installed the 1.9.0-1b, tried to run apt-get libimlib2 to get that dependency, it complained about other two libraries, tried to install those one by one, where-upon it complained about conky-n900 missing a dependency. Ran apt-get -f install, and after one try where it failed to fetch the stuff for whatever reason, second try with the same command worked lovely.

Old conky.conf file still works, so nothing broke. I'll get around to fiddling when I have time. (Busy phase in semester these upcoming two weeks.)

Assuming Creamy hasn't pushed an updated conky through the autobuilder before then, I'd hope to be able to help out with any remaining packaging and extras stuff towards the end of December, as I have a bunch of time off then (hopefully).

Getting Conky into extras was last Xmas' main project for me.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post:
Attached Files
File Type: txt conky.conf.txt (1.7 KB, 174 views)
File Type: txt testCairo.lua.txt (7.5 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-12-02 at 17:38. Reason: added attachments

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
drool.....

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
What's this? 0.o

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
What's this? 0.o
Totally bloody awesome

own_window yes
own_window_class Conky
own_window_type normal
own_window_transparent no
own_window_hints undecorate fullscreen

new feature
i'll upload a new version later, trying to see if i can make an interface to exit from fullscreen first...

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-12-03 at 06:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
This version is much cooler than the one in the repo. Thanks!
Just a wild thought: would it be possible to launch Conky upon startup and get it to use one complete desktop space, i.e. kinda like a widget? It would be nice if I can have my usual desktop on #1 and look up the system info on #2.

The Following User Says Thank You to 009N For This Useful Post:
possibly... every time i try to do something simple i find it's like 4 times harder than i thought. if you find any documentation on how to draw on those windows, let me know. chances are that the desktop panels aren't individual windows though. may be some trick to draw on them still.
i got some really bad code written that just closes conky instantly if you click in the top right area (x>750 && y <50) if in fullscreen mode only. well, it's the best simple solution i could come up with. x11 / xlib has no simple way to detect a double click of course.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:

Tags
conky