Active Topics

Notices

any news on the gui version?

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
Though I recommed using Gaia Manager because it empties the "played games" list on the PS3 so it doesn't get sent to Sony. Useful if you happen to have.. well, not-so-legitimate backups..
This function is not about the "backups" but the homebrew apps which also get listed in this list.

I know I should have jailbroke my PS3. My BD Drive just died on my phat which I have updated to 3.42 so I was wondering is it possible to run homebrew/backups with a busted drive? also does anybody know about the legitimacy of this:
http://www.psdowngrade.com/

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I know I should have jailbroke my PS3. My BD Drive just died on my phat which I have updated to 3.42 so I was wondering is it possible to run homebrew/backups with a busted drive?
Yes, you don't need a working drive to be able to play backups. I have copied the most often games I like on the PS3 itself, and the rest I play from a USB harddrive. Should work for you too just fine.

also does anybody know about the legitimacy of this:
http://www.psdowngrade.com/
Yes. PSJailbreak team has released a real working PS3 downgrade tool. And yes, it does work.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Mr. MohammedAG

me and my friend both tried to use the bin file with the fix of PSN
http://alephzain.klutsh.com/default_payload_3_41.bin

our steps mainly are those below taken from dear WereCatf , but it didn't work with us:

start X Terminal and do the following:
root
psfreedom-enable-n900.sh
cat /whereyousavedthedamn/payload.bin > /opt/psfreedom/payload
[plug your phone to PS3 and jailbreak it]
psfreedom-disable-n900.sh
it just jailbreaked normally but the psn is still asking for a softwareupdate.

for others it is working but I don't have a clue why it is not with us, for details:
we both have stock n900 with no modification on the power kernel and we reinstalled Psfreedom so we make sure we are following the steps from the start, and the ps3 firmware is 3.41

I'm asking from you or any 3rd party assistance in our situation, and if its in no harm, maybe an update for psfreedom UI, the goal is to as always jailbreak AND have PSN enabled.
thank you for everything you've done you and your team,
best of luck

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Puerto Rico
With the payload attached use this steps:

Place the psnpayload.bin in the n900 root
Open PSFreedom and select the PL3 Mode
Open Terminal type root and then type: cat psnpayload.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload
Done, Jailbreak your PS3

*Make sure you have Rootsh installed
*Gaia Manager and Open Manager v2.1-I both works online and without any problem
*Thanks to Pillum for the info
Attached Files
File Type: zip payload.zip (1.4 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by KaOs; 2010-11-16 at 23:36.

@KaOs, the payload you are sharing is the refined one, which caters for *both* PSN use and 3.50 spoofing, or is it one of the earlier payloads ?

I'm more interested in the more recent payload which combines both the above mentioned ideas together ..

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
@KaOs, the payload you are sharing is the refined one, which caters for *both* PSN use and 3.50 spoofing, or is it one of the earlier payloads ?

I'm more interested in the more recent payload which combines both the above mentioned ideas together ..
1+ for this request. We want PSN + 3.50 Spoof.

Amen. Or a GUI version

doses Netflix and Hulu works now? Does it breake the jailbreak or could we installt it normal over the psn-store now?