Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
Dont work... Like I said in another thread.. This **** u-boot should uninstall the kernelpower (or other, by reinstalling the default one) before its self-install.... damn..

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
and me.

The thing is that I don't have a microSD NOR do I have a method to charge the battery handy...

I'm pretty much out of luck. I will probably have to buy an external charger or something...

I will NEVER EVER install ANY Titan Kernel again, I don't need overclock and IPv6 or any of that ****
I will not install any kernel update without checking the forum first. Damn, and I just got nitdroid installed, now I have to do those stuff over again.

Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
I will not install any kernel update without checking the forum first. Damn, and I just got nitdroid installed, now I have to do those stuff over again.
1st - if it do **** when intalled with other kernel, why it dont put default kernel before?
2nd - why it was moved from testing to extra when we cannot charge with it?
3rd - was not your fault... some app should already be of extra to normal... but they r not... and then they put this thing there.. like i said.. is not even pre-alpha version yet!! Yes im pissed.. 3rd day without phone/alarm cloc.... PLEASE take it off extra-devels before mora damage! I was unluck cos I updated with only 35% battery... esle.. aready flashed.. and full, if necessary..

I have a big problem here.
I follow the step give to flash "kernel",but the result is:

"C:\Program Files|maemo\flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f –R.
flasher v2.5.2 (sep 24 2009)

SW version in image: RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_MR0
Image 'kernel', size 1705 kB
Version 2.6.28-20103103+0m5
Image 'rootfs', size 185728 kB
Version RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_MR0
FIASCO subimage data length mismatch"

Can some one please......... help me.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
Is anyone finding that they can charge the battery using usb? Or wall charger?
I've had mine connected wiht usb for a couple of hours now. It cycles through u-boot and shows orange charge light periodically but I have no idea if it is in fact charging

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ybtang View Post
I have a big problem here.
I follow the step give to flash "kernel",but the result is:
FIASCO subimage data length mismatch"
Maybe your download is corrupted/incomplete?

The filesize is 200174197 bytes and the md5 checksum is

Code:
b9f8690318a3be61767826d15b8c1784

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gamowar View Post
1st - if it do **** when intalled with other kernel, why it dont put default kernel before?
2nd - why it was moved from testing to extra when we cannot charge with it?
3rd - was not your fault... some app should already be of extra to normal... but they r not... and then they put this thing there.. like i said.. is not even pre-alpha version yet!! Yes im pissed.. 3rd day without phone/alarm cloc.... PLEASE take it off extra-devels before mora damage! I was unluck cos I updated with only 35% battery... esle.. aready flashed.. and full, if necessary..
1. noobs should not install software for power users. people should read and understand the warnings
2. the kernel-power versions in extras (v37) and extras-testing (v42) are stable
3. extras-devel is only for developers. if you install software from there you risk damaging your phone and data

uboot works on my device. That's why uploaded the new experimental kernel.
Only this way we were able to find out that it breaks some devices.
Matan and others do a great job in helping to get those broken devices back to a stable kernel.

Last edited by titan; 2010-11-12 at 08:35. Reason: uboot

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
I think it was never titan's intention to make our devices unbootable. The incidence is apparently unexpected, though it seems to be the first time to have situations like this.
I understand uboot is of much interest to devs and ppl who love tinkering with kernels and bootloaders. But as a non-power user, I am afraid I am far from being happy with it. Long before adopting the n900, I was using a zaurus loading an distro which also changed its bootloader to uboot, and then many users ran into trouble as that uboot was too difficult tame with and the ultimate solution is to wipe out everything and do a clean flash. Since then I have tried to stay away from it whenever there is a better (easier) alternative, like kexec.
My impression is that this incidence has more to do with uboot rather than the kernel itself. Or maybe I am mistaken.
Back to this, titan and matan, is there any more remedy work in progress? Yesterday matan offered a kernel which was supposed to be able to boot up the device, however it didn't work as booting still ended up in the forever "starting kernel".
I did enjoy my n900 overclocking. I would still use this kernel if I manage to get it booting again, yet I will do so only if it is just buggy but not unbootable. As regular users we do need some emergency plan when the worst scenario happens.
Now it's no use to point fingers and accuse and bash anyone and hurt our feelings. The most urgent issue is to fix booting.

The Following User Says Thank You to 009N For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
OK. It really was the battery level that prevented me from being able to reflash. Gave my battery to a freind with a 5800 and he charged it up full and after that flashing wasn't a problem at all. Kept all my data but gotta start installing all those apps again...

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by doonit View Post
OK. It really was the battery level that prevented me from being able to reflash. Gave my battery to a freind with a 5800 and he charged it up full and after that flashing wasn't a problem at all. Kept all my data but gotta start installing all those apps again...
Same here..