Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
The only use I see for this is if I get stranded in some remote location, so I could have more battery power...

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Waht is "Load bq27x00_battery_module"?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Airtux View Post
Waht is "Load bq27x00_battery_module"?
It's explained in the help dialog. It allows QCPUFreq to use a more accurate temperature.

The Following User Says Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
i use QCPUFreq up to 950 only to play psx emulator then i reduce to 600 and uncheck the overclocking after closing the emulator, i do that twice or three times/day..is that harmful ? i mean should i stay overclocking the whole day ?

i got a problem im OC at 125/1000 and everytime i enable smart reflex it reboots on me, im at the latest version from devel...

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i use QCPUFreq up to 950 only to play psx emulator then i reduce to 600 and uncheck the overclocking after closing the emulator, i do that twice or three times/day..is that harmful ? i mean should i stay overclocking the whole day ?
I'd say it's better to use 600MHz when you don't need more. Leaving the CPU at 950MHz all the time won't do any good - it'll only drain your battery faster.

Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
i got a problem im OC at 125/1000 and everytime i enable smart reflex it reboots on me, im at the latest version from devel...
This is expected. SmartReflex is unstable and it also says so in the QCPUFreq help pages. Especially with excessive overclocking (>750MHz) SmartReflex might cause reboots. SmartReflex is only useful for saving battery life - if you are OC'ing to 1000MHz you obviously do not care about battery life too much :P

To all QCPUFreq users:
I would also kindly ask you people to test the current release in extras-testing. Since the old release in extras has some UI problems in PR 1.3 I would like to promote QCPUFreq 0.4.1 to extras and this is where I need your help: so please test it and place your vote. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by direx View Post
[*]SmartReflex should save a little power in all case
A feature request:
To have finer grain of chooses how SmartReflex is enabled.
Before there were vdd1 and vdd2 which can be enabled or disabled separately. Now I think there is even more optionswith PR1.3.

Someone may be able to enable SmartReflex for core but not for MCPU and someone other way around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Before there were vdd1 and vdd2 which can be enabled or disabled separately. Now I think there is even more optionswith PR1.3.
This is definietely interesting. However I still only see sr_vdd1_autocomp and sr_vdd2_autocomp - I guess I'll have to mount debugfs first. While this looks promising I believe that this is not part of the Fremantle kernel - I'll suspect this is part of Harmatton.

I'll look into it.

- direx

The Following User Says Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
my n900 keep running at 500 mhz

i tried removing qcpufreq , deinstall kernel setting and flash kernel with flasher 3.5 but didn't help

Please help , thanks

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Now I have a reason to thank you properly. For once I forgot to take along a spare battery and I think this utility got me home with nicely without running out of juice. So, thank you!