Notices

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
This starts to feel a little bit like a chain reaction of dependencies.
It starts with the usb-host mode beta, where people want titan kernal at the same time. Now titan updates his kernel with pr1.3 patches and some other things and then the fcam drivers break. What next?
I think we are all a too unpatient here (myself included ). We have to wait a little I guess until all developers get their things synced together.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Could we also get crosshair and maybe grid to help taking photos.

Originally Posted by systemcrash View Post
I just tried reinstalling the package and rebooting the device, but nothing changed. BlessN900 won't launch.
Any idea? Thanks.
Could you please check existence and access rights of the following files/folders:
/lib/dsp/almashot.dll64P
/opt/blessn900
/opt/blessn900/blessn900
/opt/blessn900/et8ek8-0002.bin
/usr/share
/usr/share/applications/hildon/blessn900.desktop
/usr/share/doc/blessn900/copyright
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/appicon64.png
/lib/firmware/et8ek8-0002.bin

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Is it possible to create a Macro Mode for blessn900? If not, I have figured out a workaround: Get the best up close focus shot and then zoom in.
It is impossible to make a real macro mode, as N900's camera just cannot focus on short distances (physically).
Re workaround - we will introduce the setting 'focusing when auto-focus failed' - which can be set to 'focus at infinity' or 'use shortest focal length' - the second option is somewhat alike your workaround. But close objects will be still out-of-focus due to physical limits of the camera.

Originally Posted by saned View Post
You know what it's missing on the UI? (or I fail to find), it's the button on the top left that allows the user to switch apps. Currently that's where the flash control button is.
The switch apps button appears when you close the lens cover.
In fact, my idea was that it would be good to close the cover before switching from blessn900, so that the cover should be always closed when you are not using the camera.
If the users' opinion is opposite, we will add switch apps button .

(and we are still looking into that problem with thumbnails)

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
Same here - App Manager only shows v 0.35-1 on mine. Any ideas?
Does this problem still persist?

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
How about some custom combination functions and scriptable shooting? (like, you take several shots at the same parameters in sequence and compose them together with additive blending to simulate shooting in B mode, or you take a sequence of photos each focusing on a different "quadrant" on a grid and then compose them shots together resulting in an image that kinda got the right focus everywhere at once. or you take an sequence of shots doing all the possible combinations of focus and exposure (preferably with some indication in the file name or in the metadata about the parameters) to use with a visualizer program that changes the focus and exposure live as you move the mouse cursor over the image making the point/area under the cursor have the best parameters, kinda like simulating an eye looking at the scene live. or you could shoot a sequence and compose the images with only the pixels brighter than the existing pixels being inserted for a different looking light painting etc, possibilities are endless)
Well, exposure bracketing + focus bracketing modes offer something like that. However I am not sure about if such visualizer program exists. We have image stacking program for PC (PhotoAcute Studio), which stacks exposure- and focus-bracketed images, and have long plans to introduce user-interactive stitching (the user will be able to edit 'masks' of each image and see the fusion result right away).

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Dear Eugene, will you find time to implement a somewhat configurable Black and White mode in BlessN900?
Personally, I found a black and white function missing from the N900 camera.
We are going to add 'effects' options, like 'black&white' and 'sepia'.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Talking about that, could we have yet another super resolution mode, by separating the color components into grayscale pixels?
Superzoom function (which uses superresolution) now works with RAW sensor output, so in fact we already have color components separated.

okay, and how to fix the camera problem?

Tags
camera, nokia n900