Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

The standard camera app is not working for me anymore with version 44.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
The standard camera app is not working for me anymore with version 44.
Same for me. Although some people claim it works for them....

I have uninstalled all fcamera and fcam-drivers packages. Still doesn't work.

I am also using *stock* clocks and voltage settings.

can you implement the neopwn modules in this kernel?

The Following User Says Thank You to snakekontrol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
upgraded from 42 to 44 and after both i'm getting the operation failed when i open the main camera.

Via app manager i uninstalled BlessN900 and then reinstalled. On reinstalled it gives notification it's re installing the fcam drivers.

Neverless after this i'm still getting operation failed on opening the main camera :mad

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Yep. I also tried to install fcamera and the new fcam-drivers deb. fcamera fails to show me the camera output. Hitting "Quit" does nothing. I have to hard kill the app to close it. (power button, end current process)

Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
try : run noloboot
if u give up , you don't have to reflash the whole fiasco image , just flash the kernel .
Ok it's been left over an hour an not done anything. Run noloboot is what it does by default when it gets stuck at starting kernel I think, and the same happens when going to command prompt and typing it in. Will see if I can move some files around or something when plugged into the pc, but other than that it's a reflash I think.

Ohwell, cookies crumble and all that. the only thing I'll really miss is a few bookmarks I mad, which I can probably find again anyway

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by titan View Post
thanks. I guess the patches I've just uploaded with power43 should be about the same
(except for UHCI+EHCI modules, which AFAIK do not make sense?)
I could be wrong, but I think those are wanted in case someone plugs in a powered USB port replicator. While we don't have chipsets in the device for those, a port replicator may have them, and we'd need those drivers to talk to the device?

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, and for integrating most of the sub-project kernels into yours. This really brings those projects into a single happy family, which this community sorely needs at times.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
The people that have had problems with the stock camera:

Uninstall all fcam and fcamera and any other camera app.

Then reboot.

My stock camera works again. I just hadn't rebooted after uninstalling them.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Is kernel-power-settings installed?
Thanks, that was missing. Eh ...

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
For those who want a stable kernel: please stick to version power42 from extras-testing.
testing means: supposed to be stable. please test and vote (see http://wiki.maemo.org/Help_testing_software ) on http://maemo.org/packages/package_in....6.28-maemo42/

version >= power43 from extras-devel are highly experimental and include USB hostmode patches and u-boot. Do not install them unless you exactly know what you're doing.
If it doesn't boot, crashes or shows other issues (no audio etc) please report your configuration (OC, multiboot/Nitdroid/Meego etc installed?)
to Matan http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=869677&postcount=8
If your device got stuck in a reboot loop, flash the stock kernel with
Code:
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F <firmware-image>
and to downgrade to power42
Code:
apt-get install  kernel-power-flasher=2.6.28-maemo42 kernel-power=2.6.28-maemo42 kernel-power-modules=2.6.28-maemo42
If you have fcamera and any version >= power40 installed, you also need the updated fcam-drivers.

Last edited by titan; 2010-11-11 at 08:43. Reason: downgrade instructions, bug reports

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to titan For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom