Active Topics

Poll: Are you still with N900 just because you have been tied up in a contract?
Poll Options
Are you still with N900 just because you have been tied up in a contract?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by xtreemneo View Post
How did u terminate that.. any other tricks than payin in full..?
Vodafone changed their terms and conditions in the contract (changed unlimited internet to 500mb limit and then charging for going over). So my consumer rights allowed me to cancel the contract.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
I bought the N900 outright and used it on a contract I already had with vodafone, replaced the Blackberry I was using.

My contract was up last week and Voda offered me the new HTC DesireHD for free if I would sign for another 12 months, so I did.

I have been using the DHD for last few days, I love that big 4.3 inch screen, but I discovered to my surprise that the N900 with all it's quirks and faults is still the best phone/tablet for my everyday use.
The DHD is going up on Ebay in a few days.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Used to have a 5800 Xpress Music (still the best music phone evah), but it broke and i don't have the cash to repair it. So i got a N900 on a contract because i only have to pay half of it

IMO 5800 is better for music but N900 is the most entertaining phone!

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I believe that no USA carrier was offering the N900 with a contract, because Nokia would not lock the phone to any particular carrier.

Thus I think that no USA users are chained to the N900 by contract, but only because they like the phone.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
I'll still with my N900 unsimlocked with open-source applications!
If N900 have less applications than others Mobiles OS, the N900 can use debian's applications, have more usefull applications, more free applications, can be overclocked easily and more!
The USB host of N900 arrive and for me, only the N9 and Intel Moorestown can rivalise the N900!

I cannot believe how one-sided the answers in this thread is. By the looks of things, once you go N900, everybody active here struggles to find an overall better device. And I am sure these people have tried, because as far as I can tell, this is a forum filled with people who like advanced, advancing tech.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
... this is a forum filled with people who like advanced, advancing tech.
For rills? I. Had. No. Idea.

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pandora
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Vodafone changed their terms and conditions in the contract (changed unlimited internet to 500mb limit and then charging for going over). So my consumer rights allowed me to cancel the contract.
I am with the same contract..
they have reduced the unlimited which they had said me to 500 MB plan..
Is that enough to cancel the contract ? also how can i go about consumer rights against them? dunno wher to start...

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by Techark View Post
I bought the N900 outright and used it on a contract I already had with vodafone, replaced the Blackberry I was using.

My contract was up last week and Voda offered me the new HTC DesireHD for free if I would sign for another 12 months, so I did.

I have been using the DHD for last few days, I love that big 4.3 inch screen, but I discovered to my surprise that the N900 with all it's quirks and faults is still the best phone/tablet for my everyday use.
The DHD is going up on Ebay in a few days.

You're doing it all wrong. Now you are locked into another 12mo contract where you're paying for a subsidized phone that you no longer use (the DHD). In the end, you're most likely paying more on your monthly service, locked into a new contract, and still using the same old phone (n900) lol...

Contract is fael.